Size: 9 UK|Colour: Black (SCHWARZ)|Change

on 10 November 2010
I wear these sandals every day of the year. My last pair lasted 3 years. Glad to see there have been no changes to this product in that time as there is nothing left to perfect. Despite having no backs... this sandal stays well placed even if you need to run. After about 2 years the bottom rubber starts to separate from the cork...but it takes another year of battering before a new pair finally has to be purchased. The sandal will feel a bit 'hard' when you first use them...as they cork molds to your foot...so give it about 2 weeks to wear in. The longer you wear them...the more comfortable they become.
on 8 December 2009
Great sandals. The best you can buy. Tip: Buy size smaller than normal. If you are not sure then try on in shop and then order online when size is known.
on 20 April 2014
I bought a size down fr my usual size (as you generally do with Birkenstocks) and they fit fine. I've had Birkenstocks before and if you want a good supported comfy yet good looking sandle, you can't go wrong with these
on 24 November 2015
All the birkenstock shoes are amazing for your feet. The only thing You need to know is the size you need. The best way is to try them first instore and than order cheaper ones online :) I'm normaly size 38 and need birkenstock size 36.5 and my husband is 41.5 - 42 and birkenstock size 40 are perfect for him. The wide is also important - for narrow feet you need narrow/slim fit and for normal and wide feet you need NORMAL fit from birkenstock.
If the size is good than you will never want to wear any other shoes. I suffer from bunions and lower back pain and birkenstocks are reducing my pain more than any other shoes I ever owned. Highly recommended.
on 21 September 2015
A word of caution: if you want a woman's fit, make sure you order the correct European equivalent size! Don't just order a "7" or you might get a 41 - make sure you order a European 40 (as per Birkenstock's own size guide). I placed my first order in a rush, made that mistake and had to exchange them.

I love these: light, well made, exceedingly comfortable. I do think that a lot of issues & niggles some people report is because they haven't read Birkenstock's own advice on sizing and fit.
on 15 July 2013
This is the 3rd pair of Birkenstock clogs that I've bought and at a very reasonable price. Once moulded to your feet, they are extremely comfortable and are excellent for walking in warm or hot weather. I wear them instead of slippers around the house as well. I have an instep problem that is made worse by ordinary trainers. No problems experienced with Birkenstocks. I have walked for miles in them and still feel comfortable.

After 5 years, my first pair are still functional. There are no signs of wear other than that the straps have stretched a little. Careful occasional washing of the inner sole keeps them looking presentable, although some staining is inevitable.
on 22 July 2015
Very pleased with my shoes! Good price for such a good quality, classic product and prompt delivery.
As they are a unisex style I would recommend for women to go a size smaller than usual.
Can be a little slippy on very smooth surfaces, but it's no problem if you pay attention.
I wore them about the house at first in case it took time for them to get comfortable, but they fit well right away and have only gotten better.
They seem to be quite hard wearing, too. I've had them a while now and they seem to be going strong. If anything they look better with a little use.
Extra good with socks, too!!
Would definitely buy again and can recommend.
on 19 May 2013
Like all my previous Birkenstocks, these are exactly what I'd expect.

OK, you wouldn't buy them for their elegance or good looks but as usual, I got them out of the box, adjusted the straps to fit, slipped them onto my feet and was almost deafened by my feet saying "aaah, thank you". That was last Tuesday, and I've put them on every day since and worn them all day. It's Sunday today, and the only reason I can think of to wear different foowear for the rest of the summer/autumn is to change to a pair of Birkenstocks that better match the clothes I'll be wearing that day (or to go to a posh party - though I do have a silver pair for that!).
on 26 December 2012
After reading the many reviews concerning the sizing of these scandals, I was a little dubious about ordering a pair for my husband. However after lengthy research, I decided to 'bite the bullet' and placed an order. They arrived within the scheduled delivery time and fit perfectly! My husband is usually a size 9 but I ordered a size EU40 normal width. He was pleasantly surprised and is looking forward to wearing them on holiday and in the summer time. I would definitely use this website again...Great service, great fit, great price, great buy!
on 17 January 2016
I like the sandals excellent quality and fit I would recommend these to anybody I think the price is reasonable they are very comfortable I give them 5 stars