Customer Discussions > BioShock 2 (PS3) forum

Bioshock no no just remake system shock 1 and 2 please

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Dec 2009 14:29:14 GMT
J. C. Murphy says:
Title says it all whats your opinion ?

Posted on 8 Dec 2009 11:30:42 GMT
bioshock is brilliant, as was system shock . I agree, remake system shock BUT not at the expense of bioshock!!!

Posted on 22 Dec 2009 14:32:02 GMT
Bioshock has to be one of the most original games released to date. Fantastically dark, detailed and story-driven, I am positively salivating at the prospect of Bioshock 2. The only thing I'd like to see is for Bioshock 2 to become a bit more of a survival horror, similar to say Dead Space. I think that would be a unique angle for a FPS. I found the action to be a little on the easy side in the original, even on the harder difficulties. Making ammunition more difficult to come by and increasing the players reliance on plasmids rather than just spraying bullets would make this game truly terrifying.

Also, I can't help but feel that the publishers have missed an opportunity by not releasing Bioshock 2 in time for Christmas. Other than MW2 and AC2 I can't really think of any other really exciting games that are out at the moment - they all seem to be arriving early next year.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jan 2010 23:59:44 GMT
System Shock 2 still lingers in my mind so many years on. I would pay good money for an overhauled but true to the original remake.

Posted on 1 Feb 2010 18:36:29 GMT
Shaz says:
Yep, System Shock 2 remake, they need to bring back SHODAN to the gaming world, one of the best video game villain, one of the most chilling voice ever, I also prefered System Shock 2 over Bioshock because i liked the more roleplaying aspect of the game, and the atmosphere and sense of horror and dread is top notch.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 May 2010 18:15:10 BDT
Roboman37 says:
I can still remember the first time I bumped into one of those bionic female nurse things in System Shock 2 - I could hear her down the corridor - think she killed me went we met; they were really tough till you levelled up. I remember the NPCs screaming on the other side of the door I could not get through. I remember trying to catch up with them, only to be thwarted each time. System Shock 2 was really hard - there was lots of running around previous levels trying to find keys and solve puzzles - bioshock was quite linear, which was disappointing. Only two games have ever amazed me - Half-Life (the opening credits in particular) and the playability and exploration of System Shock 2.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  BioShock 2 (PS3) forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  7 Dec 2009
Latest post:  11 May 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
BioShock 2 (PS3)
BioShock 2 (PS3) by Take 2 Interactive (PlayStation 3)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (78)