Size: 400g|Change

on 13 March 2015
An excellent buy ,it was exactly What I needed , it smells yummy that my daughter some times thinks she can eat it lol! But I bought it for her hair and it's been good, her hair feels moist when applied and manageable, after application my daughter's hair still smells yummy for two days. Well in our case we use it every day to line her scalp.
will definitely recommend it to friends no regrets.
on 1 June 2015
Reason for buying:
I decided to buy this product because I wanted to experience some of its widely reported health benefits:

Ingredients:
100% Raw Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
Free from Cholesterol, Trans-Fats and GM products

Nutritional value (per 100g):
Energy = 3585KJ/857Kcal
Protein = 0g
Carbohydrates = 0g
Fat = 100g
(Of which are Saturated Fat = 89.29g)
(Of which Polyunsaturated Fat = 3.57g)
(Of which Monounsaturated Fat = 0.71g)
Caprylic Acid C:8 = 5.4-9.5g
Caprylic Acid C:10 = 4.5-9.7g
Lauric Acid C:12 = 44.1-51.0g
Myristic Acid C:14 = 13.1-18.5g
Palmic Acid C:16 = 7.5g-10.5g
Stearic Acid = 1.0-3.2g

Note: Coconut oil is different to all other types of saturated fat because it contains a large % of Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) which get metabolised differently by the body. They go directly from the intestinal tract to the liver where they are burned off as fuel and RAISE METABOLISM.

Taste / What to eat it with?:
The product tasted delicious, nutty, coconut-y and refreshing. I eat 2 Table spoons (15g X 2) a day with oats, soup, yogurt, smoothies, protein shakes, coffee, tea, toast, biscuits, muffins, homemade cakes and salads. I found that the product significantly improves their taste. My Chicken salad usually tastes very bland however adding hot coconut oil to it made a considerable difference. I also enjoyed eating it on its own. When cooking it has a smoke point of 177 Deg C / 350 Deg F.

Results:
After taking the product for 30 days (both internally and Externally), without changing anything else in my life (Diet, Exercise & Supplements), the changes that I experienced were tremendous. My body fat had been reduced, my skin (face) quality had improved, my energy levels were elevated, my hair looked much better (softer, shinier and smoother) and my sleep quality had improved. The product had worked extremely well indeed.

Skin (Face): (Every other day)
I added 5g (Tea Spoon) to the palm of my hand and let it sit there for a few minutes to melt. (Its very hard in the pot). I smeared it all over my face into a thin layer and left it on for 45 mins before washing it off with warm water.

Hair: (Every other day)
I added 10g (2 Tea Spoons) to the palm of my hand and let it sit there for a few minute to melt. I smoothed it into my hair, paying close attention to the ends. I left it on for 30 mins, rinsed my hair with warm water and shampoo-ed it twice. I combed my hair, dried it very gently with a towel. 30-45 mins latter my hair was soft, shiny and smooth. I then brushed it.

Storage:
Coconut oil is very stable with a long shelf life (approx 2 years). It can be stored in either a cupboard or a fridge. It is liquid at anything over 24.4 Deg C / 76 Deg F and solid at anything under 24.4 Deg C / 76 Deg F.

Negatives
The only 2 negatives that I could identify with the product was the price and hardness, however this is quite common with all other best quality Raw Organic Virgin Coconut products.

Should you be buying it?:
If you want to experience the health benefits of coconut oil then I would recommend buying it. Taking it for 30 days both internally and externally would be ample time to asses if it's making any noticeable difference.

Value:
This product has a price tag that would make you put it back on the shelf quicker than you picked it up. However when you consider the hundreds of different reported health benefits that the product offers (internally & externally), it does not sound as expensive.

What else could you buy for your money?:
After I finished the container, I moved on to using "Lucy Bee Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil 500ml' . I found that the taste and health benefits were identical. The only difference between the 2 is the price. The prices of both products fluctuate on Amazon therefore I usually buy whichever one is the cheapest at the time.

Verdict:
Extremely Effective Both Internally and Externally.
on 5 August 2014
Great product, smells amazing and lasts a very long time. Comes in a glass jar so your safe from plastic nasties. Works well for hair, skin even on your lips like a lip balm. Only issue was when my initial delivery didn't turn up but after a quick response from the seller, they amended it and re-delivered it no problems. Thanks Biona :)
on 12 November 2014
I've been a consisten customer of Biona coconut oil and over the time the quality of this product moved from very good to very poor. This latest jar that I've bought doesn't have the fragrance of the initial jars I was buying in the early days. This one tastes like the ktc coconut oil sold in tesco, which at least is 5 times cheaper.
on 10 January 2016
Not sure if this is just a dodgy batch I recieved 9 days ago or whether I've just suddenly become allergic to it, but unlike the 2 jars ive had previously over the last year my entire body has come up in a horrid itchy blistery rash everywhere i put it. Waaaa.
review image
on 24 June 2013
ive been using this for 3 months now to help relieve the pain in my hips, i can highly recomend it to anyone wanting a natural bit of help
on 5 July 2015
This is a miracle product for my dry, damaged and generally rubbish hair. I use this to deep condition for a few hours or overnight and afterwards it leaves my hair feeling so soft and looking so healthy.

I've even used it to slightly whiten my teeth some mornings (pretty gross swishing it for 10 minutes, but worth it for the gleaming result!)

It has moisturising benefits for skin too, I often use a tiny amount after shaving.

Definitely would recommend.
on 13 November 2015
I use this wonderful oil for cooking, for my gums, by swilling it in my mouth
for a few minutes each day an excellent mouth cleanser. It is also very good
for your skin, nails and to massage into your hair at least twice a month, leave
it for ten minutes or so and thereafter shampoo your hair and you will see how
healthy it looks.
I have been using this product for a number of years and would recommend it
to others most definitely !
on 4 January 2016
Probably the best organic virgin coconut oil on the market. Finding the real organic oil can be a challenge, I usually buy in wholefoods but it can be cheaper on here and arrives very quickly.
I alternate between this and extra virgin olive oil for cooking, but I also use the coconut oil as part of my skincare routine as it is an excellent natural cleanser and makes your skin really clear!!

So many uses for this stuff, can't get enough!
on 6 May 2015
Brilliant product, I use it on my hair, skin, baby's bum and also recently started to use it for oil pulling which whitens teeth naturally. I also used this on my tummy when I was pregnant and have no stretch marks. I've heard you can use it in cooking but I've not tried it for that yet. I'll be buying more once this jar is used up!!!!