- Hardcover: 651 pages
- Publisher: Academic Press Inc (6 July 1998)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0124109500
- ISBN-13: 978-0124109506
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 4.1 x 22.9 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 713,513 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Biomass for Renewable Energy, Fuels and Chemicals Hardcover – 6 Jul 1998
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"It is extremely thorough, detailed, and well documented. Topics are explained in great detail. The book stands as one of the best published on the subject in recent times. It can be used by the professional or student alike, since the in-depth treatment of principles and practices allow information retrieval at different levels of complexity. It is a good techincal reference and will serve as an important textbook for many years." --JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY, March-April 2000 "This book provides an excellent and worthwhile text for anyone with an interest in practical ways to secure our future energy supplies." --BIOLOGICAL AGRICULTURE AND HORTICULTURE "This book will be useful to a wide range of teachers and lecturers. Those working in schools and colleges will find it a treasure store of useful information to enliven their teaching, especially as there are very useful figures and tables. Those working at a higher level will appreciate the rigorous nature of the work along with the extensive list of references." --CHEMISTRY IN BRITAIN, May 1999. "Klass offers a very thotough analysis of the need for biomass fuels, their production and use. It is a superb resource with an impressive review of the potential of many crops and resources to serve energy needs...a resource to be widely used and appreciated. Upper-division undergraduates through professionals; two-year technical program students." --CHOICE, 1999. "A good introductory volume for those requiring information on commercialising biomass energy products and on solid and liquid waste disposal energy recovery systems." --WASTE PLANNING, A MINERAL PLANNING PUBLICATION, March 1999.
About the Author
Dr. Donald L. Klass is the author or co-author of over 300 papers and patents and the editor of 27 books in the field of energy and the environment. He received his B.S. in chemistry from the University of Illinois, and his A.M. and Ph.D. in organic chemistry from Harvard University. Dr. Klass has managed research and educational programs for the Institute of Gas Technology and the petroleum industry. Currently, he is the Research Director for Entech International, Inc., President of the Biomass Energy Research Association, a member of several research advisory boards and business development committees, and a consultant to industry and government, both U.S. and foreign.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
It is well known that developed or industrialized nations consume more energy per capita than developing or Third World countries, and that there is a correlation between a country's living standards and energy consumption. Read the first page
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This book is horrible if you read it cover-to-cover, (except for chapter 4, which was pretty interesting).
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Botany & Plant Sciences
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Bioengineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Chemical > Industrial Chemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Environmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electrical > Energy
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Environmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology
- Books > Science & Nature > Food & Farming > Forestry & Silviculture
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Chemical & Biochemical Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Environmental Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Environment