on 1 February 2012
Have used many biochemistry text books but this has been the best by far. Explains things very well and found it quite easy to read. Illustrations are clear and I like the problems at the end of the chapters.

I am currently studying for a degree in Molecular Medicine and Biochemistry and This text covers the subject matter very comprehensively. Anyone studying a Biochemical/Medical type degree should definitely own a copy of this book (Along with Molecular Biology of the Cell - Alberts et al 5th Ed.)

The accompanying website for the book allows students to access e-learning and chapters from the book. Instructors can download all the illustrations from the book for whiteboard projection.

(P.S. A great Biochemistry Lecture series which uses this text is available at ([...]) All rights to Oregon University for the videos).
on 4 October 2011
I bought this book because most international versions of books are similar to the original edition of the book. In this case everything seems to be the same (I've checked with the original one, page by page and them look alike - couldn't really check all the content itself) except for the problems at the end of the chapter - the international verson has less problems when compared to the original edition. If this is not an issue and/or if you access the original version just to check the problems then you're fine because this is much cheaper (60% cheaper when I got it). I love it because I was able to save money and I simply couldn't afford the original one.
on 9 August 2013
Fantastic book, good use of diagrams, well written and extremely helpful for my biochemistry based degree scheme, would recommend to anyone in a similar degree as it is fantastic for additional reading and clarifying things that are unclear, excellent section on fatty acids.
on 19 April 2013
I cannot speak highly enough about this book, I bought the earlier edition and fell in love with it. The illustrations are detailed and the book covers tons of topics in great detail and has answered many of the niggling questions I have often wondered about. A++
on 12 September 2015
Fantastic book, full of an extremely useful range of information, however does lack some areas I'd have expected to be included. Was sitting on the work bench at my friend's new unilever job, need I say more? This book provides an excellent range of information written in understandable english with a great detail of information and easy to understand diagrams, useful for students and professionals alike.
on 21 September 2014
This served me well throughout the first 1/2 years of my degree as a good 'refresher' text. I found it to be a fine introductory biochemistry textbook, but for anything deeper and more substantial you're gong to have to go for something like 'Molecular Biology of the Cell'.
on 26 August 2012
For anyone who needs any information on metabloic processes and biological structures this is a must buy. This book contained material better than some of my lectures and in my opinion a must buy for anyone studying a biological subject.
on 19 September 2011
The book "Biochemsitry"7th edition written by stryer et al is a complete text book for students that wish to learn abour biochemsitry. The illustrations are very ggod and really help the reader to understand the different topics.
on 6 November 2012
I purchased this textbook shortly after starting university, where I am studying Biological Sciences. It has good, up to date information, and is well laid out with diagrams. Essentially what you'd expect from a good textbook.
on 7 April 2013
A good reference book about a rapidly developing science. I particularly like the colourful and modern attractive presentation. Sadly these latest editions are expensive, but this is of course understandable.