on 7 March 2013
Not the best sat nav on the market by any means but what can you expect for ~£30. No frills and the map is about a year out of date but it's done the job for us when we've used it. Doesn't appear to be supported by Binatone any more but, from looking around the internet, it appears you can update it if you want to and have some idea what you're doing.
on 20 June 2013
We received this as a promotion from Exploring Ireland tour company. We drove around Ireland using it. We found it did not have many sights in it; it did not know streets in Dublin & did not have a complete list of towns in Ireland. Examples: To return our car in Dublin, we put in the address of Hertz. It could not find it--said we arrived when there was nothing around. We were about a mile away ( we stopped and asked in order to find it). We visited Doolin, Ireland and it was not listed in its data bank. We had coordinates for the B&B but it came back with the message that it could not find any roads to get there. We were on our own. We were in town of Enniskellan and circled it 4 times before stopping and getting verbal directions. We found the unit very frustrating, inaccurate and wished I had just gotten the maps for Ireland on my Garmin, which has always proved itself to be helpful.
I would not buy this and will give it to Goodwill or just throw it in the garbage.
on 7 June 2014
Purchased one of these from Amazon less than a year ago and the software has crashed already. The message 'System Failed - Please Restart' comes up when calculating the route and despite trying to reset it using the pinhole at the back it makes no difference. Worse still I spoke with Binatone and they had no idea what to do suggesting that it was a software problem and they wouldn't do anything about it as it was purchased online. I have a serial code and all the details they need to show that it is still under warranty yet they are completely uninterested in the fact that their product is crap or making it better. This is the last time I ever buy a product from Binatone - avoid!!
on 16 June 2013
was bought as a present so giving his feedback. a well working sat nav, give good anf precise instructions. Only one small critism that the voice on the sat nav is a little on the quiet side but overall very pleased
on 22 January 2013
Was bought this Sat Nav as a Christmas present, cant fault it in any way. Sleek looking, easy to use and very accurate. Best of all - I no longer get lost!!
on 12 June 2013
This device has all the essential features required to make a journey possible if you don't already know the route.
Its easy to set up and very intuitive. Its not easy to see details on the screen whilst driving, but the commentary keeps you informed of the road ahead and where and when to turn etc. The sound quality fro the internal speaker is a little distorted because of the small size of the internal speaker, however by connecting earphones (not recommended for safety reasons) or a small extension Mp3 speaker to the unit the sound quality is greatly enhanced and very audible.
The main drawback might be that Binatone no longer support the unit and there are no map upgrades available on the internet. However, this would only become a problem if you are navigating in an area with a lot of new roads. Most A & B Class roads are well established arteries and unlikely to change very much over time- Motorways and major routes might have inaccuracies which whe unit might not be able to cope with- The Binatone F350 is fantastic value for money and well worth purchasing.
on 29 January 2013
I wouldn't recommend the product. I had to buy it because I needed it urgently and if I was to base the price solely on the map and features then I would recommend it but it was way to quiet. I am young, my hearing is just fine but even with the windows up and the music off it is really hard to hear and the speakers arent something you can just change. As I said before, I needed a satnav urgently, just for the one time so - for the price it was fine but I havent used it since and won't plan to. I know that it isn't just my satnav either, many other reviews published complain about the same thing. Without the directions, its useless. I would prefer the good old fashioned map!
on 28 June 2013
Don,t go for cheap in this intense. It starts to move when you don,t, then when you go by, where it's at, it stops working. No use
on 19 June 2013
I got it for my daughter because sheis always getting lost & calling me up.The way I see it it acurate gets you thier and I havent had onr call since I got it.Very good value....
on 18 July 2013
Turned up promptly, very good price, a budget buy definitely but does all I need it to do. Buy it.