Size: 236 ml|Change

on 30 April 2013
To give some context, to aid you in deciding whether this stuff is the right one for you - I am a double edge blade user with a thick stubble. My shaving technique is mostly blade buffing.
For shave gels, I have used the Zirh shave gel (blue gloop), the Kyoku Shave Creme (green gloop), and Jack Blacks Beard Lube (white gloop).
This stuff, for me, is the best of the gloops. It is a pretty thick white gel, and rubs in to the beard well. It gives a very slick surface and it is easy to see where you have shaved, which can be an issue with clear gels.
It always gives a comfortable shave, even if I haven't bothered to soften my beard with shower or hot towel or pre-shave gel.
For 3 day or more stubble, it works great too, but then again, older stubble tends to be softer anyway and you get a close comfortable shave just from that.
For closeness, it is the best of the above three for me and gives a great smooth result. I don't end up with shaving rash after. It leaves the skin well moisturised.
I couldnt say how long a tube would last, but you dont need to squeeze out that much to cover your face.
I've tried it using a gillette cartridge, and they dont play well. The lubra-strips on the cartridges just end up gumming up with the gel. Man up and use a DE or maybe even a straight!
Overall, I've found my no-lather quick-prep go-to solution.
Recommended.
on 14 September 2012
To paraphrase Shakespeare, if hair be wires, then wires grow on my chin. After years of using Braun dry electric shavers, I tried a Panasonic ES8228S wet/dry model in three ways: on a dry face the first day, on a wet face the second, and with Billy Jealousy Hydroplane Shaving Cream the third. On the third day, I obtained the closest and smoothest shave ever. Since there is no foam, the moisture is no greater than that of an electric pre-shave lotion, and without the alcohol; I suspect this product could also be used with a Braun dry shaver, but one would need to wipe the body of the shaver carefully rather than run it under water with the cutter facing down, as one can with either the Panasonic model or the more expensive Philips Norelco 1260x. Esquire Magazine has rated this shaving cream the best available, according to a sticker on the bottle. The industrial size (33.8 ounces) offered by Amazon is available at a significant discount per ounce.
Billy Jealousy Hydroplane Shave Cream Industrial Size 1L
on 3 September 2013
I thought I'd wait to have a few shaves before reviewing.... I normally shave using a hard soap a DE razor and badger brush.....

Pros
Gives a very smooth shave. Noticeably so.
Gives a closer shave. Again noticeable so.
It's half the price though Amazon

Cons
It's a real razor clogger! This is not a problem for a DE razor which can be taken apart, but might be so for a disposable. The remaining gunk after a shave does not easily wash out.
I prefer using a brush and soap. Massaging this quite greasy cream on is not as nice. But this is balanced with the results.

If you're a DE shaver, try it.
on 26 October 2012
This performs well on a few days growth, but for everyday shaving I don't find this offers as much protection as Anthony Shave Gel 226gm or even King of Shaves Alphagel Cooling Methol Shaving Gel - 150 ml. I sometimes get a few weepers/tiny cuts when I use this, which I never get when using the other gels.
on 26 June 2015
I am not an expert but this product worked perfectly with my sensitive skin.
on 28 February 2016
Not as good as Ahava in my opinion
on 1 March 2016