Colour Name: Black with Tan Leather Trim|Change

on 26 November 2012
I have 3 Billingham bags, where the oldest [equivalent to 555, with the end pockets] survived 12 month journey around the world 20 years ago and although considerably dirtier than when I bought it, there is no canvas torn, buckle broken or stitching gone. I usually carry 2 Nikon bodies and at least 4 lenses in each of my cases + some basic medical supplies and although that I take larger aluminium cases with me on longer assignments, there is always one Billingham bag with me, in case I have to hand carry the gear through the bush. All 3 of my bags are workhorses. They are cared for, but not specifically pampered and to my mind, only now, with the darkened leather, dirty canvas and patina on the buckles, they look the business. There are a few, not many, good camera bags around, but none can compare to Billingham.
on 9 February 2014
Beautifully made and well designed. The camera bag I have bought - and I have bought quite a few over the year! The looks great and has been well designed. I put in two Canon 5D3's with battery grips, a 70-200L IS, 24-105L and a 100mm macro in the bag - it was heavy to say the least but all fitted including MacBookAir, iPad and a load of other O&S's. Very highly recommended!
on 24 November 2010
I have purchased 4 different camera bags and 2 back-pack-type camera bags, each time thinking, "this is the one". And, each time, after a bit of use, it would be apparent that, no, this wasn't the one. I have coveted a Billingham since I saw my friend's bag up close 5 years ago, but never considered that I could actually own one myself. In hindsight, I think it was the price of the bag that made me think cheaper bags would be just as good a solution. But, after having seen another friend's bag recently, I was totally smitten, and the rest is now history!

The bag is beyond well-made - it is truly a work of art in its quality. It is roomy, and has an abundance of differnt pockets and combinations with which you can place all your gear. For the first time, I am not leaving something out, or squeezing something in - everything simply fits, with room to spare.

The bag just feels so good. Really, no regrets whatsoever (well, maybe on purchasing the other bags). Do yourself a favour and get the right equipment the first time. I don't imagine I will ever need or use another bag, ever again. This one has quickly become one with me.
on 24 May 2010
For those who do not know these bags are hand made in Britian with the very best materials, a very thing in it's self these days.
Leather, canvas and brass put together by real craftsman/women. If you value your photographic equipment and want the best protection possible this is the bag for you.
These bags can be modified to suite any size gear with optional padded inserts for the perfect fit around your lenses. I have 3 Canon L lenses with 77mm thread diameter and tripod brackets attached , 2 flash guns and the huge EOS 1D and still have room for more bits. Excellantly made and capacious for storing your valuable gear. Buy one without regrets, they are the best.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 December 2011
I have two of these bags, one I keep for the camera and all the kit (one body, plus hand grip, four lenses and the rest), the second I bought second-hand for general use, e.g. flight or week-end bag. Both have various internal separators in the main compartment. There is one main compartment, another full-length compartment with two internal slip-pockets, two external, separate pockets on the outside (see facing picture for two outside pockets) and a full length, slip pocket on the other side for A4 papers, newspapers, etc. The build quality of this BRITISH bag is excellent, having been designed, developed and improved on the previous successful bags. The shoulder-strap is very comfortable, once I worked out how to keep the leather padded shoulder support in position - easy really. The additional internal short strap (under the main top cover) and the leather snap-close flap for the two outer handles are great ideas. There is a full range of accessories to modify the bags to any user's requirements.

I pack all sorts into these bags, e.g. the second bag is often full to over-flowing, particularly as a flight bag: books, iPad, Kindle, wallet, passport, sandwiches, various cooking utensils, etc. (I jest but you get the idea!)

With all the equipment I carry in both, they are heavy because they offer so much space but the straps and padded shoulder support are so well designed, they are comfortable and no problem, although friends often wonder at my sanity and my wife has given up; on holiday, the camera bag filled with the full equipment range goes everywhere. The second bag, the flight, week-end and general bag, has a more creased and crumpled top flap simple because of its constant, regular use and the previous owner was in the shipping business and travelled all round the world but it still looks good. It is a constant companion.

Great bags, truly stylish and classic; being British and a family business started in 1973, makes them even better and I think they are wonderful.
on 5 December 2015
Billingham can only mean one thing quality and this bag shines out
Bit heavier than shed bags but its head and shoulders a better bag
on 15 March 2011
I bought one of these about 15 years ago. I returned the canvas version because it was too heavy for me, and the stitching was poor. The Nytex version was much lighter and more comfortable. Unfortunately the foam in the internal dividers has disintegrated, rendering them useless. I contacted Billingham (the bag was sold with a lifetime warranty) but they didn't want to know. I now use a smaller Tamrac bag, which is just as well made, and far cheaper.
on 8 March 2013
Great quality, with enforcements in the right places. Strap is very comfortable, even fully loaded.

My reason for choosing this model was to be able to fit a 17" Macbook, along with camera gear.
I field-tested the bag on a recent trip by packing the Mac, a Mamiya RZ67 (a.k.a The Beast), three lenses, two backs, a compact Contax T2, plenty of film, along with a Sony NEX-7 and a few lenses. No problems.

I also ordered the Billingham harness, which enables me to carry the bag as a backpack. Works great.

It's a big bag, but not so big that I can't move around in a tight crowd.

Pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Highly recommended.
on 28 October 2015
Very good
on 2 May 2015
Superb quality and great bag for pro dlsr and some lenses