Watch now


Have one to sell? Sell yours here
Sorry, this item is not available in
Image not available for
Colour:
Image not available

 

Bikini Bandits [2002] [DVD]

Maynard James Keenan , Dee Dee Ramone , Steve Grasse    Suitable for 15 years and over   DVD
2.0 out of 5 stars  See all reviews (2 customer reviews)

Available from these sellers.


Looking for Bargains?
Check out the DVD & Blu-ray Deals of the Week page to find this week's price-drops. Deals of the Week end on Sunday at 23:59.

LOVEFiLM By Post

Rent Bikini Bandits on DVD from LOVEFiLM By Post

Product details

  • Actors: Maynard James Keenan, Dee Dee Ramone, Jello Biafra, Corey Feldman, Gary the Retard
  • Directors: Steve Grasse
  • Writers: Peter Grasse, Steve Grasse, Shymala Joshi, Sonia Kurtz
  • Producers: Jeff Wolf, Joseph Frantz, Michelle Ashley
  • Format: PAL
  • Language: English
  • Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
  • Number of discs: 2
  • Classification: 15
  • Studio: Revolver Entertainment
  • DVD Release Date: 29 Sep 2003
  • Run Time: 60 minutes
  • Average Customer Review: 2.0 out of 5 stars  See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
  • ASIN: B0000AZVH6
  • Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 106,283 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)

Reviews

Product Description

Initially several short films streamed on an internet site, they began to reach cult-status and so a movie was born. After a series of robberies, The Bikini Bandits (a group of scantily clad, gun-toting young women) are on the road to hell. They come face-to-face with the devil himself who gives them a choice: either go back to Jerusalem to tempt the Virgin Mary or spend the remainder of eternity watching and listening to 80's disco music. Not much of an option since the only person who can save them is the Pope (Dee Dee Ramone).


Customer Reviews

5 star
0
4 star
0
2 star
0
2.0 out of 5 stars
2.0 out of 5 stars
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
11 of 16 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars "Freeze Mother ****ers!" 26 Oct 2003
By mr-benn
Format:DVD
Ever watched McG's Charlie's Angels movies? Ever been astonished at how little concern the films have for narrative, logic and plausibility, and how they serve only to provide feminine eye candy immersed in excessive visual gloss and ludicrously crude and childish humour? Ever suspected that 'post-modern' film making surely couldn't get much more shallow?
You ain't seen nothing yet.
First off, to call Bikini Bandits a 'film' is a stretch at best. At barely 50 minutes, you could hardly call it feature length. And it doesn't exactly tell much of a story; what little plot that exists is interrupted at alarming regularity by utterly irrelevant animations, music promo-style visuals and spoof commercials. Added to which, it is clear from the first minute that the whole excercise is little more than an extended advertisment for a certain company of some description (watch it and it's abundantly clear who, even if you've never heard of it before). In short - this is MTV filmmaking writ large, deliberately low brow, neural overstimulation for short attention spans, spawned by an overactive media student brain, unclear whether its intent is merely to titilate or satirise, or both...
Of course, the above need not be taken as critcism. Depending on your point of view, this could be either the funniest, most entertaining film ever, or the the stupidest load of garbage ever made. And there's a lot of truth in both points of view. On first viewing, I was by equal measure irritated, amused, frustrated and delighted. But I can honestly say I was never bored.
Read more ›
Comment | 
Was this review helpful to you?
0 of 1 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars hugely over-rated 31 Oct 2010
Format:DVD|Verified Purchase
I thought I was going to like this - according to the cover hot girls in bikinis go on a robbery spree armed with machine guns and a bad attitude. What's not to love?

Well, for starters, the girls occupy about 10% of the on-screen time. The other 90% is devoted to hideous spotty male geeks indulging themselves in rambling dialogue and wry asides about being a spotty geek. The girls are reduced to fleeting,tawdry window dressing, rarely appearing on screen for more than a mili-second before being interrupted by yet another prolonged spotty geek spot.

Total waste of money that completely misrepresents itself. Save your cash and invest in a Benny Hill DVD instead - you'll have a hundred times more fun.
Comment | 
Was this review helpful to you?
Search Customer Reviews
Only search this product's reviews

Customer Discussions

This product's forum
Discussion Replies Latest Post
No discussions yet

Ask questions, Share opinions, Gain insight
Start a new discussion
Topic:
First post:
Prompts for sign-in
 

Search Customer Discussions
Search all Amazon discussions
   


Look for similar items by category


Feedback