Bigger Jugs Food Grade Citric Acid 225g Heavy Duty Resealable Pouch with Tamper Proof Seal for Making Elderflower Champagne, Cordials, Jams, Sherbert, Sweets & Descaling Limescale / Rust Removal
|Price:||£2.95 FREE UK delivery.|
- Our UK Warehouse offers same day despatch for all orders received by 2.30pm Monday to Friday (Excluding Bank Holidays) Orders received later in the day will be despatched if possible
- Supplied in a heavy duty resealable pouch with a tamper proof seal.
- Bigger Jugs Citric Acid is the finest quality that you can buy. It is manufactured in the Belgium (an assay certificate is available) and packed in the UK solely for us. You put time and effort into your wines and cordials, so insist on the best ingredients.
- Citric Acid is used to impart a pleasant fruity flavour to your wine or cordial. Simply follow the instructions in your recipe. One rounded teaspoon is equivalent to the juice of one lemon. Particularly useful when making elderflower wine and cordial and other summer wines.
- Suitable for use in jam making, sherbert and sweet making. Also great for removing limescale & rust. Safe for use in baby bottle sterilisers
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Unless expressly indicated otherwise, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on this site. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our website. Please always read labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming the product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Citric Acid is used to impart a pleasant fruity flavour to your wine or beer. Simply follow the instructions in your recipe. One rounded teaspoon is equivalent to the juice of one lemon. Particularly useful when making elderflower wine and cordial and other summer wines. Also useful when making sherbet, the childrens sweet.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Two teaspoons dissolved in water then following the manufacturers instructions works very well.
225g is the perfect size for this purpose, enough for a couple of years worth of descaling.
It is also an essential ingredient for bathbombs - about 1 part to 2 parts bicarb of soda.
I started using it when I wanted to make shedloads of cheap sherbert - again with bicarb, as of course lots of sugar. It is also a good ingredient for adding 'lemon' flavour with no effort and tiny cost as so little is needed.
My favourite use is as a preservative to natural soaps etc. I make some hand wash with soap nuts and without the citric acid it went mouldy very quickly. With citric acid it is still not mouldy a month later!
I would recommend this size to start, once you find so many uses for it buying in bulk makes this a very economical household item.
It can also be used as a cleaning agent.
A teaspoon in the kettle has brought it back to pristine and possibly in the process makes it more efficient. Same story with a vegetable steamer which now heats up markedly faster.
At a fraction of the cost of the manufacturer's descaler this is (in my case) more effective, perfectly safe to use and leaves no residue. Will definitely be back for more.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
you used to be able to buy this chemical from pharmacies at one time its a shame you have to buy it like this now as the idiotic "DRUGGIES" use this to cut heroine withPublished 26 days ago by drus