Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 June 2011
Here in the UK we are a wee bit behind our cousins across the pond when it comes to appreciating this kickass book from writer Eric S Brown. At last count Amazon.com has 68 5 star reviews for this book and if you've already read it you'll immediately know why!

After a brief prologue giving a wee bit of backstory Eric gets right down to the action with bigfoot getting pure mental on the town of Babble Creek. Non-stop, high octane, gory action almost from the off, this book is a great ride from start to finish that I read in two sittings, on the way to work and back again!

If you like your horror with a lot of action then this is the book for you. If you haven't read it yet then get a copy before bigfoot rips yer heid aff!!
on 5 January 2012
A great yarn of a book that will keep you smiling from start to finish. Its' all out Bloody Violence is never ending and enjoyable. The story itself is very B-Movie Horror and half way through the reader soon realises that there is not going to be any twists or turns, just more blood and guts, (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

I will read the 2nd and 3rd parts of this story as I did find it to be a fun read.

Possibly more for young adult readers and young boys who are looking for a gateway into the world of books.
on 2 May 2012
There are far to many good authors writing full story's. I personally wont be buying any more of these books I really hope you take the time to write full story's as you are a good writer and i liked the Bigfoot wars but wont be following up and buying the other two. such a shame. good short story's but should be marked as such, save readers from paying to much when there are other excellent writers at the proper price.
on 2 January 2012
Ok, this is my second Eric S. Brown book (the other, the brilliant how the west went to hell).
This is a brand new ride for me, since i've never read any bigfoot fiction but hell, Eric rips into your chest, squeezes your heart making the blood flow and gives you a brutal, fast and unrelenting, pulse-pounding ride of action and terror.
Albiet only a novella, it doesn't feel short and is worth every penny, it's time to bring Eric to the frontline on these British shores.

Johnny Zombie-writer
on 7 January 2012
I am relatively new to the works of Eric S Brown, and I have never been happier in my life as I now have an awesome back-catalogue to work through. What can I possibly say about Bigfoot War that hasn't already been said in the many five-star reviews it has received? It's one of the most entertaining books I have read in recent years; frenetic, gory, relentless, I loved everything about it. If you've read it, you know what I'm talking about; if you haven't, shame on you.
on 8 August 2012
I read books by the bunch,always have,always will.Started way back in the 60s,the heyday of sci-fi and monsters. This series takes me back to those golden days.No mommy pron, no teeny sparkle romance,just real down to earth situations and bang on characterizations.Most of the time I get bored with series,if you can't tell your tale in one go then you failed.In the Bigfoot War series, I want the stories to go on, I want to know what happens next and what was happening somewhere else at the same time. Many moons ago my favorite series was The Horseclans books,Eric S brown is one of the few writers I know who I would like to continue that world. Read The Bigfoot War,and see for yourself,it is a fun ride,that starts with a bang and never lets up. Like Mickey says,"Try it you'll like it" Trust me and all of the other fans,it is a fun read, and thats the whole point ,FUN.

JOHN PARRISH
ENGLAND
on 17 November 2011
I've been lucky enough to read some of Eric's work before now - he's not massive in the UK, but he's getting that way. I've seen him described as the King of Pulp elsewhere, and I'd agree. This isn't literary fiction. It's kick ass pulp fiction. If you're looking for a pretty read, you wouldn't be picking up a book called 'Bigfoot War' anyway!

Great fun, utter mayhem. No spoilers here, but expect a death or two ;)

Well worth a read, and five stars because it does exactly what it says it will, and delivers. The chapters are short, too, and it was really easy to read - I'm a pretty lazy reader!
on 11 April 2011
I bought this book on a recommendation and boy am I glad I did. It was one of the easiest and most enjoyable reads I have had in a long while. The only disappointment was that it ended, but thankfully the sequel will be out soon.
Buy this book, you won't be disappointed.
on 13 December 2010
My first foray into an Eric S Brown book and after reading this i'll be back for seconds and thirds.A pretty short read but every page kept me on the edge of my seat with all out action from the get go.A must for Bigfoot fans, i can't recommend it highly enough. :)
on 8 September 2011
OMG what an amazing and very well written book.
Who would have thought bigfoot could be so scary! I have read some of Eric's other books and enjoyed them thoroughly so decided to give Bigfoot wars a go and WOW am i glad i did.
The action starts from page one and doesn't stop until the last word. I will never be able to watch Harry and the Henderson's again without cringing.