A top–notch introductory text for beginners, Big Java, Third Edition is also a thorough reference for students and professionals alike to Java technologies, Internet programming, database access, and many other areas of computer science.
Features of the Third Edition:
- The ′Objects Gradual′ approach leads you into object–oriented thinking step–by–step, from using classes, implementing simple methods, all the way to designing your own object–oriented programs.
- A strong emphasis on test–driven development encourages you to consider outcomes as you write programming code so you design better, more usable programs
- Helpful "Testing Track" introduces techniques and tools step by step, ensuring that you master one before moving on to the next
- New teaching and learning tools in WileyPLUS––including a unique assignment checker that enables you to test your programming problems online before you submit them for a grade
- Graphics topics are developed gradually throughout the text, conveniently highlighted in separate color–coded sections
- Updated coverage is fully compatible with Java 5 and includes a discussion of the latest Java 6 features