4.4 out of 5 stars1,057
Colour Name: Black|Size: Pack of 10|Change
Price:£3.00+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 12 May 2012
This set of pens is good value compared to buying them individually. usually it costs about £1 per pen but with this box you get 50 for £10 so I think it is deffinately worth it! it is also worth spending a bit more money because the pens are good quality and dont run out after a few days like the biro pens I got from tesco.

They are good quality and are perfect if you have teen kids who are doing GCSE's etc and need black pens. Overall a good product and was not to badly priced.The only thing is.. at the end of the day who wanted 50 pens? but like I say if you have kids at school then they go through pens so quickly you will probably need them all!
on 11 September 2012
The pens arrived quickly however they were not in a BIC pack or clear bag as described. Also, the pens are very lightweight and have sharp edges so they do not seem to be of the same quality of our other BIC pens, leaving us wondering if these are fakes? We have tried a couple of the and thankfully they do seem to work ok but they really don't feel so comfortable in the hand and the plastic feels so cheap compared to regular BIC pens, therefore unfortunately we would not purchase again from this seller as we feel we may have been mislead on this occasion.
33 comments|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 November 2013
I bought these pens because I believed that they were original BIC pens. As they were nicely advertised on this page, pictured in original yellow packaging, I was confident that I had made the right purchase.

When these pens did arrive at my door, it surprised me how they weren't packaged at all... In other words, they were just placed inside a bubble envelope without their original yellow packaging. At first, I thought nothing of it. To me the issue wasn't such a big deal until I realised how woefully rubbish the pens were.

I'm no expert in the field of pens, but it only took a couple of days for that 'eureka' moment to arise - as I suddenly noticed that each and every pen that I was given had leakage problems. They all stained my hands, and made my written work look awful - as my fingers had smudged leaking ink all over my notes.

If you're looking for high quality BIC pens, I'd suggest you avoid this page like the plague - unless you enjoy taking baths in ink. If these are real BIC pens - then I certainly won't be buying any BIC pens in the future.
on 19 January 2013
I believe these pens are not genuine Bic, they came loose in an envelope, the plastic is much thinner and lighter than a normal Bic pen and the word 'medium' is not on the side of the pen like it is from on a genuine pen. They do write as normal just the build quality is bad.
on 28 November 2012
You're not getting the product displayed. You're getting 10 loose biros in a brown envelope. If I knew this I wouldn't have purchased. Very misleading. 1 Star.
44 comments|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I remember when gel rollers came on the market, and everyone ooh'ed and ah'ed at how brilliant they were, coming in more colours than the old red, blue, green and black that you were usually consigned to for biros; flowing more easily, having a more even line and colour. I wasn't impressed, however. They may flow better, the line is even, well-coloured – and completely characterless compared to an old Bic. Not to mention that they are very expensive in comparison, too.

I've tried luxury ballpoint pens, even one in gold, not so much for the gold, but the actual ballpoint and ink it came with was amazing. The refills you got in the shop were absolutely awful, though, so I had to stop using it.

The only brand of pens I have been consistently happy with has also been one of the cheapest ones: Bic. These are the basic, simple, no-frills ballpoint pens that simply just work. Nothing fancy. No decorative and expensive handle with exotic hardwoods or noble metals. No gift cases of gold-embossed hardwoods. No personal name engraving service available at "no extra cost".

Just a simple ballpoint pen that really works. That's how I like it. The line can be varied with pressure from a feather-light and thin stroke to a thicker full line. It adds a lot of personality and character to both letters and drawings.
on 5 April 2013
They were sent to me in an envelope, without the yellow packaging that is shown in the picture, they were all scratched and had obviously been used before, as the pen nibs were all crusty with ink and were half full... But for £2.15, i guess i can't really expect any better.
55 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 26 June 2014
I've owned and used this design of pen for many years probably over 20 years of use, so feel compelled to share my experiences of this well known ballpoint pen.

The clear type is marketed as the “Bic Cristal”. Made by Société Bic (known mostly as Bic) based in Clichy, France. The company was founded in 1945 by Baron Marcel Bich, but their range of products is not limited to just pens and employs over 10,000 people worldwide.

It has become the iconic brand of disposable low cost ballpoint pens.
The design and shape which is hexagonal, is evidently taken from the traditional pencil shape, this improves the strength, and makes holding the pen easier with a firmer grip.

The barrel is made from thick polystyrene, and being clear shows the ink level of the pen.
In 1991, due to concerns over children swallowing pen caps (not just Bic but all makers), the caps where made with a small hole at the top, so if accidentally swallowed, it helps prevent suffocation.

The ball point itself was initially made of stainless steel, this was later changed to tungsten carbide to improve endurance and strength.

Field use:
Having used the pens for a long time in most cases I've found them to be very good with excellent reliability and a good smooth flow of ink. There are some disadvantages to the case material it is strong, but once cracked it can extend up the length of the pen. You can use adhesive tape to help prevent further cracking of the case. There have been a few pens that have leaked, but it's quite a low number and over years of use I've mostly found the product well designed and to be a good cost effective, yet decent quality ball point pen.
on 20 May 2013
Leaves a black line when in contact with paper, and some other substrates, like card or skin.

Would buy again.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 August 2015

It has become the iconic brand of disposable low cost ballpoint pens.

Field use: