Customer Discussions > Machine & Soul forum

Beware CD Rot!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 May 2008 21:09:07 BDT
D. Turner says:
Original Numa copies of this album were manufactured by PDO (discs have 'Made In The UK By PDO' etched on the inner rim) and are subject to CD Rot. They will become unplayable! However, copies do exist that were mastered (and presumable manufactured by) Mayking. These state 'Mastered By Mayking' on the rim and these discs are fine.
PDO suffered from this problem during 1989-1992 and discs manufactured by the during this time can degrade and become useless. An internet search will bring up technical details of this problem.
Several Numa releases were affected by this problem, namely 'Ghost', 'Isolate' and both the normal and extended versions of 'Machine And Soul'. Associated single releases 'Emotion', 'The Skin Game' and 'Machine And Soul 1 & 2' may also suffer problems.
Always check with the seller before buying!

Posted on 7 Sep 2013 15:04:18 BDT
Indeed both my regular and extended PDO copies are ¨bronzed¨ but play flawlesly for now. Then again almost my every cd that has a transparent label (nowadays they're all painted) exhibit bronzing of some kind. Maybe they won't last me for life. Bummer.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Machine & Soul forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  16 May 2008
Latest post:  7 Sep 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Machine And Soul
Machine And Soul by Gary Numan (Audio CD - 2001)
2.6 out of 5 stars   (14)