Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Subscribe and Save Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Sim City (PC DVD) forum

Best previous version of Sim City?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 8 Mar 2013 15:52:38 GMT
J. Spencer says:
So I'm new to the Sim City franchise and was initially excited about SC5 but have been royally put off by all the issues - not least the always online requirement. So I just want a single player, offline, DLC-free experience - which previous version of SC would you recommend as I've heard differing opinions of each - or any SC alternatives?

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Mar 2013 16:50:49 GMT
Simcity 4 deluxe edition.

There are plenty of mods for it but the most popular one is "NAM" the latest version being 31. It fixes simcity 4's transportation issues, without it sims take the physically shortest route to and from work and not necessarily the fastest route which causes big issues with noone using your buses/trains etc.

Posted on 8 Mar 2013 21:42:28 GMT
sadoldbishop says:
As Max said it's SC4...it has it's niggles but it's a great game and going strong 10 years on...the site to use is called Simtropolis where you can find links to download the NAM.

Posted on 8 Mar 2013 23:26:02 GMT
As above. SC4 deluxe with NAM and RHW pretty much solves most issues

Posted on 9 Mar 2013 16:39:23 GMT
Scott Rae says:
You know, as much as I love SC4, I think Sim City 2000 was the best and most original in the franchise. It didn't take itself so seriously, had a great sense of humour running through it, and had great end buildings and towers. The llama references just seem to get lost in the later versions! Its a shame they dropped the humour

Posted on 10 Mar 2013 19:37:18 GMT
Brewster says:
Agree - Simcity 2000 was the best - although 4 was good , simcity 2000 added so much.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Mar 2013 21:29:24 GMT
Texas Tex says:
Ahh but there was the cheat code in Sim City 4, where you could turn all advisors into llamas "dollyllama"

Posted on 10 Mar 2013 21:32:55 GMT
Texas Tex says:
I liked Sim City 4 for the graphics, Sim City 2000 for playability and as noted earlier humour. I also liked a special edition Sim City, with real actors playing parts in videos. The transport advisor rolling a plastic truck across his desk and the reporter. It was a silly addition to the game, although they as with all games like like got samely.

Posted on 11 Mar 2013 15:17:07 GMT
J. Spencer says:
Thanks everyone for your comments. I decided to take the plunge and ordered SC4 Deluxe. I can't be the only one as I noticed that the price has been rising steadily over the last few days; ironic that the SC5 disaster is helping promote a ten year old game!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Sim City (PC DVD) forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  8 Mar 2013
Latest post:  11 Mar 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Sim City (PC DVD)
Sim City (PC DVD) by Electronic Arts (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
2.3 out of 5 stars (588)