on 6 July 2013
They always say that the best kind of love is the kind where friendship has been set on fire and in the case of Becky and JJ that is perfectly apt. "The Best Friend, Boyfriend Theory" is a wonderful love story about two people who have been best friends for years, sharing everything about themselves as their friendship grew... but Becky's ideas about JJ change and all of a sudden she realizes that she's in love with her best friend and worried about whether or not their friendship can survive her being in love with him. What happens is a slow-burn romance that begins to build as their relationship changes as JJ and Becky's friendship turns to a forever kind of love.

Laura Lawrence has created a well-written romance novel that exemplifies the best kind of love in a sweet, romantic and beautiful way. I found myself smiling for no apparent reason throughout the book and I just couldn't help but grin at the perfectly written happily-ever-after surprise at the end. This was a wonderful way to entertain myself on a summer afternoon!
on 13 June 2013
Having tried various ebooks and not being able to get into them when I saw this one advertised for free I thought I'd give it a try. To begin with I was dubious about it until I realised I was already up to chapter four and hadn't stopped reading, that was me hooked. The odd spelling mistake but it didn't distract from the storyline; which even though predicable has twists and turns that make compelling reading. I can not wait to read another book from this talented author and could easily visualise this book as a film. I've recommended this book to various people already and hope they enjoy it as much as I did.
on 26 April 2013
The best friend, boyfriend theory by Laura Lawrence tackles the age-old question, can friends become lovers? Can a boy and girl just be friends?
This book is intelligently written, and creative, from the very beginning you are drawn to the characters, and care what happens to them.
Laura doesn't follow conventional plot lines, and instead uses a combination of creativity and reality to give the reader the ending they wanted, but never expected.

If this is her debut novel I can only imagine the great things to come from this author, definitely one to watch!!
on 25 June 2013
This book was really addictive and I couldn't put it down! There were a few typos but this in no means impacted on the readers ability to follow the story. I will be keeping an eye out for the next book!
on 30 April 2013
For a first time author this book was truly brilliant. A good few twists which keep you wanting to turn to the next chapter to find out what happens next. can a girl and boy really be just friends?? take a read yourself and find out :) . Look forward to more books from this author x
on 4 May 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I thought the plot would be a little predictable but I was pleasantly surprised. In fact, once I started reading, I couldn't put it down. I was really drawn into the story. Fans of chick lit, this is for you!
on 8 May 2013
I absolutely LOVED this book!! I read it in 2 days as found i couldn't put it down. It had many twists that i didn't expect and i really felt for the characters. It literally made me laugh out loud. I would definitely recommend this book :)
on 23 April 2013
Great first book from the author :) very addictive and easy to read! Have never read a kindle book before but its actually very convenient and not a problem to read even on an iphone using the app. Look forward to the next book from Laura.
on 21 June 2014
I enjoyed this story however was distracted initially by spelling and grammatical errors. At times I was infuriated by the lead characters immature attitude but somehow still liked her and wanted things to work out for her.
on 8 June 2013
First e-book I've ever read and had difficulty putting it down! Definitely an enjoyable page turner, the story is unpredictable and full of plot twists. Recommend!

Looking forward to the next book :)