on 8 January 2009
I was expecting this book to be the best recipes with the majority using very little syns. I was very disappointed as the majority of them use up a lot of syns and to be quite honest some of the recipes are really boring - like roasting a turkey!!! Regret buying this now as I probably will not cook many of these as I prefer to use my syns on treats.
22 comments| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 June 2013
This is a great recipe book whether or not you are on the Slimming World diet. I use it for family meal ideas. The recipes are easy to follow, nutritious and tasty.
on 16 August 2010
Love this book!!! It arrived promptly and I haven't put it down since!!
It's helped me to kick start my slimming world plan (not diet!) and I have lost 7lb in just 2 weeks and have eaten loads!!! I would recommend this book to anyone struggling to lose weight but not willing to give up good tasty food.....
on 15 February 2010
Although some nice recipes in this book, I would have liked a bit more for my money, using less exotic ingredients some times. Nearly each recipe you would have to take a trip out to buy something extra. I think half pages would have been better for all the pictures, with recipes underneath, also this would have been OK in paperback.
on 24 April 2016
Fab cookbook. Have tried several different diets and decided to try slimming world recipes as these appeared to give a good balanced diet - which us exactly what it is!! The food is tasty and the recipes are easy to follow.
on 10 September 2010
Full of old favourite meals for the family, cooked the healthy way. Varied and easy main meals, plus a lot more recipes which are delicious and good enough for entertaining too - with desserts! An education on how to eat healthily without giving up comfort foods.Best Ever Recipes: 40 Years of Food Optimising We have steadily lost weight without any "I'm starving" moments at an average of 1.5 lbs per week (without exercise) and cannot speak highly enough of food optimising the Slimming World way.
on 25 November 2015
We're really impressed with the book. It provides a good range of easy and quick recipes which are simple to follow and healthy too. We've even used the recipes to throw a dinner party for friends. Brilliant! The down-side is that it's a bit out of date - so it doesn't include the 'extra-easy' sins - but it's pretty easy to work out.
on 1 December 2013
there were few recipes in here that weren't on the SW website, and in any case the ones that were didn't tell you how many syns they were on the extra easy plan. no great shakes, not worth the money :-( wouldn't buy again.
on 24 February 2014
Slimming World

Really great book and very easy to follow

I love the Slimming World books, they give all the information you need to continue to eat healthily and lose weight

This Best Ever Recipes is fabulous

Very informative and highly recommended
on 22 December 2014
i bought this as I've recently started the slimming world diet, I thought it was a recent book but it turns out its the old book back when it was the old red/ green days, it doesn't have the recent extra easy diet in it. However I've noticed on the website that the syns value for the red days is very similar to the new orange days Extra easy plan, so when i'm cooking from this book, I will follow the syn value for the red days if like me your following the Extra Easy plan. The book is made better than other books I've had its a hard back book, I've previously bought the Love deserts book and the pages have fallen out of it, with this book at least its made well, so that doesn't happen. Overall it was worth the money, however I will be buying a more recent book in the future or using the website( slimming world) for recipes.