Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Sep 2009 00:34:59 BDT
I was wondering what people thought the best Legend of Zelda game was? My personal favourite has to be Ocarina of time.

Posted on 12 Sep 2009 13:43:07 BDT
D. Heath says:
they're all awesome obviously, but i quite liked majora's mask :-D

Posted on 1 Oct 2009 22:06:43 BDT
Isla Tasker says:
Ocarina of Time, no competition!

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Oct 2009 20:59:13 BDT
Arway says:
I enjoyed the puzzles and dungeons in Twilight Princess the most, but the world felt a little dull. Majora's Mask had charm and atmosphere by the bucketloads, though.

Posted on 20 Oct 2009 17:30:36 BDT
Rob says:
For me it's either Links Awakening, my first Zelda.
Or Wind Waker, simply for being the most beautiful game of that generation.

Posted on 23 Oct 2009 03:46:41 BDT
Arway says:
Wind Waker certainly was an extremely pretty game. The bosses looked the most spectacular - particular the Gohma fire boss.

I think the cel-shaded style really suits the Zelda series. I'd love for them to bring it back for a main 3D Wii title.

Posted on 26 Oct 2009 17:55:41 GMT
Mr. A. Lamb says:
Overall top zelda games I would have joint top place being Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time. In terms of how it looks when playing Windwaker is pretty high. I thought Twilight Princess looked ok, but it was incredibly easy, hyrule field seemed really small and empty in terms of stuff to do, the last boss battle was easy and was a bit anti-climactic and I found it annoying that , aside from around three items, you rarely had to use the items you obtain outside of the dungeon you obtained them in.

Posted on 27 Oct 2009 08:34:17 GMT
Altogether i think that twilight princess was the best console games. it had amazing graphics great bosses and an amazing world. but my all time favourite was minish cap on the gba. the merging of the minish and the human world was amazing and the monsters, controls, bosses and graphics were brill!!

Posted on 20 Nov 2009 13:31:41 GMT
Alan Jones says:
I'd have to say Ocarina Of Time, which I also rate as the best game ever, nevermind just within the Zelda series. Majora's Mask is probably the most underrated in the series, it's tone and gameplay mechanics are unique and it is atmospheric in a way few games are - when the moon hits after the three day cycle, I feel genuinely saddened. A Link To The Past also deserves a mention as the first truly great Zelda title.

The series hasn't been at it's peak since Majora's in my opinion, but I do think the Minish Cap was very, very good and Twilight Princess I enjoyed a lot more on my second play through. Looking forward to the next Wii enstallment the most, if only to see what this 'new direction' turns out to be.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Nov 2009 09:51:15 GMT
Last edited by the author on 21 Nov 2009 09:51:43 GMT
In terms of beauty OOT was my favorite, the right balance of puzzles action and gameplay. I found MM a little too daunting for the less experienced Zelda player like myself. I favored the smaller console versions as they were epic! Links Awakening, for example as was the Seasons games for the GBC.

For the newer DS Phantom Hourglass certainly raised the bar for the smaller console and Spirit Tracks seems to continue the PH adventures with similar gameplay and ways of travelling except via steam train in which you must navigate the tracks carefully without crashing into evil locomotives that patrol the tracks. I like the idea of a controllable companion: the mysterious Phantom that you saw a few of in PH.

Posted on 24 Nov 2009 10:31:13 GMT
Brett Rowley says:
For me it is between Phantom Hourglass and Ocarina of Time. The Phantom Hourglass had beautiful cell-shaded graphics to give it that toon look which I love. But in terms of gameplay and story originality that goes to Ocrina of Time, hands down, everytime. I'm gonna get the Spirit Tracks as it is a sequal and I love Zelda. So in my personal opinion Ocarina of Time was and will always be the best Zelda game.

Posted on 28 Nov 2009 01:31:33 GMT
Definitely, but I still like Phantom hourglass.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Dec 2009 12:25:59 GMT
Last edited by the author on 11 Dec 2009 12:48:32 GMT
Dragonlord says:
For me Ocarina of Time is overall the best Zelda game because it was so ground breaking at the time. Zelda: A Link To The Past on the SNES comes in at a very close 2nd place for me. My first Zelda experience was ZELDA 2 The Adventure of Link on the NES which I have very fond memories of playing many years ago. I still have all my old Nintendo games up in the attic maybe, one day I will get them down and play them.

Posted on 11 Dec 2009 21:00:59 GMT
Can't wait for the New Zelda that's coming for the Wii in 2011!

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Dec 2009 16:26:42 GMT
Matthew says:
It's either Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past, Twilight Princess or Spirit Tracks.

Or all of them 8D

Posted on 13 Dec 2009 14:47:40 GMT
r4tune says:
I never got on with Majora's Mask. I think that they need to really revamp the series if they want to keep it fresh for any future 3D games. My favourite though has to be the first one I ever played which is the amazing Link to the Past on the SNES!!!

Posted on 3 Jan 2010 12:03:34 GMT
Last edited by the author on 3 Jan 2010 12:04:46 GMT
Takucys says:
Personally, I've always enjoyed the 2D Zelda games slightly more than the 3D Zelda games. I unfortunately enough am not really fond of the Nintendo 64 3D graphics or even the Gamecube/Wii 3D graphics in non-cellshaded titles (OoT, Majora's mask, Twilight Princess).

Other than the graphics, I thought that the 2D Zelda games had more intriguing environments, with The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past being my favourite out of all the Zelda games.

Of course, this is all just my opinion, and I can fully understand why others would prefer the other Zelda games better, they're all really good games.

Posted on 23 Mar 2010 13:42:22 GMT
mrsp says:
It has to be OOT, this really opened my eyes to RPG's. MM is a close second, the atmosphere and sense of urgency in that game was amazing. I wish they'd bring out all the old games on the Wii downloads.
Playing TP just didn't feel the same as other Zelda games, I really didn't like the shadow world or being a wolf.

Can't wait for the new Wii title!

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jun 2010 09:31:49 BDT
Dragonlord says:
Nintendo are wanting and doing their best to make The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword for the Wii the best Zelda game yet.

Posted on 25 Feb 2013 17:41:44 GMT
Linda says:
O.O.T is best Zelda ever but as for M.M it was a horrid game very repetitive and boring but the puzzles was brill S.S was also a disappointment for me and trust iv been playing Zelda since it 1st came out just hope they make up for it in the next game Ninty rules
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  17
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  4 Sep 2009
Latest post:  25 Feb 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about