Best Pride & Prejudice Character

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 Jul 2009 19:03:44 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Jul 2009 19:05:50 BDT
Who do you think is your favourite character (and why) and/or who do you think is the best-written character (also why)?

I love Lizzy and I bet most people do but I think Jane is my favourite character because I love how she's so "good" in the truest sense of the word and yet I don't find her annoying. But the best-written would probably have to be Mr. Collins for me. His mix of overbearing and pompous qualities provide many of the laughs.

Posted on 15 Jun 2010 09:59:55 BDT
Damaskcat says:
I think my favoruite character in Pride and Prejudce is Elizabeth but I also have a fondness for Mrs Gardiner because she's so sensible and sees what's going on but doesn't talk about it. Mr Gardiner as well is just plain nice.

I love Lady Catherine as well even though she is so dreadful and she is extremely well written - as is Mr Collins.

Posted on 1 Jan 2011 17:25:05 GMT
film nut says:
"P and P" fans, if you like playful novels, check out The I.P.O.: A Comic Novel. The author has tucked in a few playful homages to "P and P."

Posted on 25 Feb 2011 11:26:17 GMT
Hannie says:
Lydia always provides me with a laugh because of her foolishness!

Posted on 19 Nov 2012 20:21:06 GMT
Meerkat says:
Is no-one putting in a word for Mr Darcy? He's every woman's dream, surely?!

Posted on 20 Jan 2014 14:39:40 GMT
O.Pinion says:
Study Mr Bennet's dialogue - particularly when he is exchanging "pleasantries" with his wife. His response to Mrs Bennet's demand that Elizabeth accepts Mr Collins is superb.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  26 Jul 2009
Latest post:  20 Jan 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Pride and Prejudice
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (Hardcover - Jun 1973)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (447)