on 6 August 2013
Excellent 3 CDs and good value for 50 hymns.
From the past the hymns are definitely the best.
Singing and choice of hymns are so good that my wife sings along, she has joined the choirs.
If you know a friend or neighbour who is lonely then buy this album for them.
Someone at church who likes good older hymns and songs would love this album.
on 14 April 2014
I bought this for a friend who likes traditional hymns. It was well priced, cheaper than elsewhere and the quality is good. It has orchestral and organ background accompaniment so doesn't just rely on piano playing. A good buy.
on 22 May 2010
As the title says.....The Best Hymns in the World...Ever, IS what it says. This C.D. is superb. If you enjoy the old-fashioned hymns then this is a MUST for you.
It's truly a "sing-along" C.D.
I have one of the three cd's in different players so it depend what room I am in I get the different songs.
I have recommended it to all my friends and bought it for my brother, I just want every-one to hear about it.
I was going to video this with a few playing but I wasn't "brave" enough!.......
I am a Salvationist and these are the songs we sang when I was a child growing up and all those memories of days gone by come flooding back, so a big "thank-you" to the compiler of such a brilliant piece of work.
You have made me extremely happy.
Marlene, Hayle, Cornwall.
on 8 April 2010
Think of a popular hymn and the chances are it will be on one of the three CDs with one or two notable exceptions such as "Guide Me O Thou Great Redeemer". It has hymns ranging from those great anthems of the Christian faith such as "How Great Thou Art" which are guarunteed to get the blood flowing to the simpler more melodic pieces such as "All Things Bright and Beautiful".

These are mainly choral which I find to be less satisfying than a good soloist, and yes that is purely personal taste, despite my reservations regarding choir music, I still really enjoyed listening to them.

Sound quality is adequate but is not superb which is a shame as audiophile quality sound would have lifted this CD far above the level it is at.

Overall a good album that is very nearly great except for a couple of odd choices of hymn.
on 27 November 2013
I bought quite a few albums for my church and this proved to be the most useful, best quality and best variety, really good value for money, the only downside was the time it took to be delivered as it came from Switzerland.
on 15 January 2014
I've ordered this just before Christmas, initially because as a first-generation Christian I find myself ashamed from time to time not to know the lyrics when old hymns are being sung at church.

It's a very beautiful album. I've found I sleep so well to it that it's been playing almost every night since I've received it.

Recommended.
on 4 June 2013
We purchased this for friend of ours who is 95 this year, she has been a friend for many years, and has become too frail to go to church as often as she would like. She has found this CD as a great comfort to her, and feels that she is still praisingher God.
on 9 January 2014
This is a record of a vARIETY OF widely VARIED AND EXCELLENT HYMNS - PERFORMED WELL AND AT A GREAT PRICE

I can heartily recommend it to others who love this type of contemplative music.

John W. Jackson
on 3 November 2010
I was disappointed with this product and don't think it desreves the title of 'The Best Hymns ...'. There are some nice hymns but a lot of them aren't the traditional arrangement. I would not recommend this item :-(
on 17 December 2012
I work for a hospice and this collection of Christams Carols has been just lovely for our patients to listen to and/or sing along. Also many thanks for very prompt delivery.