on 16 April 2013
I've done over a dozen USA roadtrips and was running out of ideas for routes which would bring daily sites to visit. This book helped to identify lots places which were new to me, now I've been to all the main places like Yosemite, Yellowstone and Grand Canyon etc.
I had expected a slim volume, but was pleasantly surprised by the amount of detail that the book covers.It covers the top ten landmarks, volcanic wonders day hikes, winter sports, beaches, picnic spots, bus tours, war fields, forts, camp grounds, arts and gardens - to name but a few! I have been to Bryce Canyon, Yosemite, the Grand Canyon and Zion Canyon and wanted a book to help me plan to see other sites -such as Yellowstone. This book certainly stimulated my thoughts. It is well presented with great pictures and plenty of practical ideas that build on any "Rough Guide" you may also use..and it's all in colour -one of my key requirements!
An excellent buy