on 18 December 2011
Excellent boots, these are easily the most comfortable hiking boots I've had. They're lightweight but sturdy enough to support your foot and ankle over rough ground, completely waterproof and very comfortable with no rubbing or blisters even on long, hot walks. Very good grip in wet and dry conditions. I've worn these on walking holidays in Scotland, the Lake District and even the Alps and they've performed fantastically well every time.

Not suitable for serious winter walking (not stiff enough for crampons, and wouldn't give your feet enough insulation) but a really great 3-season boot.

They're quite a wide fit, with a wide toe-box, this was a bonus for me as so many women's boots seem to be made narrow. Maybe not ideal if you have a very narrow foot, but for a normal/wide foot the generous fit adds to the comfort.
on 11 September 2011
I bought these boots at the beginning of the summer as I was fed up with blisters from my old ones. Well, they are brilliant! They didn't need any breaking in, first time out a wet 6 mile walk and they performed well. Second time out a 30 mile walk in one day and they were still great, although my feet began to burn a little after about 20 miles, perhaps that would happen anyway! They are super light and so far have been great in every weather including hot sun. I have walked about 80 miles in them now and they are just like new, and I have no blisters despite beginning to lose a bit of the padding on my feet as I have passed the half century mark. WOuld definitely recommend them.
on 14 June 2012
I bought the Berghaus women's Explorer trial light hiking boots as I was doing a 62 mile walk, yes 62 miles. I had previously bought 3 other pairs of boots(very good makes, and expensive too) Training was hard and the other boots caused me endless trouble and feet problems, after 3 months of training I finally saw a foot specialist who videoed my feet and he suggested trying a boot with a square heel, again went on the internet read the customers reviews on the Berghaus and thought why not lets try my fouth pair, when they came fantastic brilliant my walk was in three weeks, unfortunatley I had caused a few tender areas on my feet which the Berghaus boot never made worse, Yes I completed my challeng I will never buy another make of boot again and yes I will do my challenge again next year knowing I have the best boots on my feet and training will be much easier and less painfull with these wonderful boots. 100% recommend fantastic, brillinat, perfect you must buy.
on 12 September 2010
I've always had Berghaus walking boots but never tried the lightweight ones before. As usual fit like a glove and no blisters wearing them in. Very comfortable and good support.
on 15 January 2011
Great boots, lightweight and like the other berghaus boots I've had needed no breaking in. I wore them for a week trekking the Lycian Way in Turkey and they were great on all surfaces with excellent ankle support and never felt too hot. I got them out for the snow before Christmas aswell and used then to walk to work and back every day. They were warm and 100% waterproof (they are Goretex)and all this from a lightweight summer boot. Unless you're into serious mountain trekking I'd say this is the only pair of walking boots you'll need all year round!
on 10 March 2011
These boots are about as good as it gets. Highly recommended. Not particularly cheap, but worth every penny. Just like walking on air.
on 30 April 2011
Love, love, love these!! Fantastically light, extremely comfortable and not one blister (even on the first use which was for a 15 mile hill walk). Feet stay pretty dry in wet weather and don't sweat excessively in hot weather - bonus! My sister has a pair now and my husband and brother-in-law have the male equivelant and we are all very happy bunnies. Well worth the money.
on 12 February 2012
I bought these boots for my wife to replace the Berghaus Explorer's she's worn for the past couple of years. At the same time I bought myself some as she would keep crowing at how light and comfortable they were. We walk a lot and while I've made some bad choices with the boots I've bought, most of them more expensive than these, she's walked for miles in comfort while I've hobbled.
Having tried the male version of these boots I'd fully recommend them as being the most comfortable walking boots at the best price you'll ever get.
My wife simply wouldn't wear any other kind, and I agree with her wholeheartedly!
on 30 January 2011
These hiking boots are great, I'd highly recommend them. They fit like a glove and are very light. Taking them on my first hike I hadn't yet broken them in properly but there were no problems at all.
Delivery was quick also, had them within 3-4 days of ordering
on 28 June 2011
I like these boots and purchased them in the sale. If I was purchasing full priced I would opt for the slightly more expensive and tougher berghaus boots because the waterproofness of these boots is not as good as the more expensive version and the support doesn't feel as great but allround a good boot for summer walking and I would reccomend if you are looking for a summer walking boot.

See one answered question