Size: 12|Colour: Black|Change

on 20 December 2009
Absolutely love this jacket - it is unbelieveably warm, almost too warm at times! It fits snuggly and while it is a puffy style does not look it once on. Incredibly light and can be folded into a bag if necessary and comes out looking neat. One pocket on the inside which is a decent size, also pockets on the outside are a good size. I haven't washed mine yet but a friend informs me that they wash really well and can be tumble dried.
on 31 January 2010
I've owned this for just 10 days but already I've had the chance to use it daily in temperatures hovering around zero. It is a very wam coat, especially when worn with two or more thin layers. Several times I've needed to loosen off with the zip when I know that with my other coat (a medium weight Barbour with a fleece lining) I've needed to do the opposite.

It has a nice dull finish, but I get the impression it would not fare well against thorns, so I'm being careful with it. This is the only aspect where the thornproof Barbour wins though, because the Berghaus is a third of the price, a tenth of the weight, and far more comfoartable to wear.

I was originally looking at far more expensive options, but for my needs of 5 mile daily walks with a young dog this fits the bill perfectly.

The two outside pockets are large, well lined, and unlikely to lose things when getting into the car etc, but perhaps the inside pocket is a litle small - I can barely get a small wallet in it. Other than it has been a great buy and I'm very pleased with it.
on 5 October 2015
I purchased this jacket at a great price for an upcoming December trip to New York. I was really pleased with the speedy delivery of this jacket and delighted with it's quality and warmth. I ordered a size 12 but when trying it on discovered it fit a bit too snugly with a thick jumper underneath. I decided to exchange it for a size 14 and this is where my problems began. I purchased this jacket at the incredible price of £65 and when going to exchange it have discovered that the price has shot up to £130. Not my problem- or so I thought. The company want me to pay the increase in price simply to exchange. I phoned Amazon customer services and was told that the best thing to do was return it, get a refund and re-purchase it. This would mean I would have to pay the huge increase in price. I pointed out that it states on their Help and Customer services section that, "If you're exchanging the original item for a different size, we'll cover any price increase." This was refuted even though I was looking at the webpage as I spoke to them! I then emailed the complaints department as well as the UK managing director and the CEO of Amazon UK Christopher North, to simply get an automated reply telling me to follow the returns policy ( I didn't expect to hear back from the bosses!). I replied to this email which was subsequently pinged straight back as I obviously can't reply to that particular email address. I'm just going around in circles and getting no help from Amazon regarding a straightforward exchange! Am I missing something?! It's made a great purchase turn a bit sour.
Update: I received a reply from a rep of Christopher North who was extremely helpful and sorted out my exchange for no extra cost thankfully.
The jacket is warm, but I agree with the other reviews that say about feathers coming out from the stitching. Thanks for sorting out the exchange, it was appreciated.
on 6 July 2014
I loved this jacket I bought a size 16 which would be my normal size but it was too big... I returned it and it was replaced within 2 days the smaller size fitted perfectly.... Great jacket not too 'puffy' do not wear anything black underneath though as the feathers tend to moult.... That's why I gave it 4 stars... No other reason...
on 19 November 2010
I normally wear size 12 but occasionally I also fit into size 10.
Unfortunatly the Berghaus Akka Down Jacket - Dazzle Blue 12 happened to be very small size 12.
Very nice, light jacket but too tight to comfortably move around.
I ended up sending it back by recorded delivery spending additional £6.70
on 30 January 2014
Absolutely love this jacket,I had thought about buying this jacket for some time and i'm glad I did. it is so light and warm, I wear it every day. Although its a bit pricey I would definitely recommend.
on 12 May 2013
I resisted buying this as my husband had bought the men's version, and though he rated it himself very highly I didn't want a jacket exactly the same so we looked like 'His & Hers'. However the jacket I ended up buying, although nice and fairly warm, didn't match this jacket, so I had to give in. This jacket is soooo warm and soft. It has adjustable cuffs and bottom so you can wrap up tight and keep the cold out. The back of the jacket is longer so it covers your bum. The pockets are zipped and the internal pocket is a zipped so you don't have to worry about your valuables falling out when you take your jacket off. I would say that the sizing is on the larger size so I could have got away with the smaller size than what I would normally have, as you don't really need room for layers beneath this jacket.
on 12 November 2011
Excellent premium product at an affordable price. This was bought for my daughter (a tall 12 yr old) who rates personal comfort over food or water. Light weight, well made. Its now her favourite item of clothing. Prompt delivery well packaged can't really fault it.
on 9 September 2015
I was so chuffed to get this jacket at a great price - about 5 years ago I had the same jacket in a beautiful BRIGHT red colour - LOVE it, unfortunately it is too small for me now - so wish I could get the same colour again - the black is SO grown up ! Brilliant jacket though - even in the dead of winter I only had to wear a t-shirt under it - it's like wearing your favorite duvet - I could happily live in it in the winter !!!
on 25 January 2014
well its look nice, feels nice and the rain runs off but still after wearing a few days theres a big problem with the feathers coming out of it, i was hoping its gonna go but unsure as seems to be a problem and concerned in a few months will there be any stuffing left?
very warm and perfect of the feathers didn't show on the back as makes it look tatty. I feel like a duck lol