Size: Small|Colour: Thunder/Thunder|Change

on 24 January 2016
This is a great fleece for the Spring and Autumn but would need to be combined with a windproof jacket for really cold/windy weather. The pockets are mesh backed to facilitate 'breathing' but this has the strange side effect that the hand warmer pockets are not very effective due to the open mesh on the inside. I would have thought that as heat rises changing the hand warmer pocket lining to something other than an open mesh would have had little adverse effect on the fleeces 'breathing' performance. It is, however, a comfortable fleece for the above conditions and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a fleece for the sort of temperatures you get in Spring and Autumn.
on 7 January 2011
I own one fleece already and had to get 2 more in different colours. They are of a very high quality, extremely warm and comfortable,dapper looking and worth every penny. When washing the fleece use non-bio powder or liquid on a low setting as suggested in the washing instructions. I've tried fleeces in various makes and this one is by far the best.They also dry very fast. Quality fleece at an affordable price although it would be nice to see it cheaper on amazon in these ever so hard times.
on 2 May 2015
Did not have the internal pocket as per item description
on 25 October 2011
Excellent product, pleased to have found it at this price after having tried it on in various High Street outlets only to be offended by the £70 to £90 price tag. Usual Berghaus quality & fits perfectly with other products in the range, not so worried about a cold winter now. Amazed at the speed of delivery considering I ordered at around midnight on Saturday 22/10 & received it on Monday morning 24/10, the dispatch email even told me an estimated delivery time of 27/10.
on 11 January 2016
I purchased this item on 23/09/2015. This is a very good jacket. Unfortunately the seams have started to come apart on the left hand raglan
sleeve.
Try as I may I cannot contact Amazon to ask for a replacement because it outwith their returns period.
There doesn't seem to be a mechanism in place to deal with faulty merchandise after this return period.
Surely an item such as this should last longer than 3-4 months.
Is this deliberate I wonder!!!
OOPS I WAS TOO QUICK WRITING THE ABOVE!!
I continued searching and found a telephone service that connected me to Amazons Customer Services who allowed me to print off a Returns Label and sanctioned a refund. I will be reordering the jacket as it is a very good item. First class Amazon - much better than your so called opposition Ebay!! I have changed my opinion to FIVE STARS.
on 26 June 2014
This is a very good fleece and thus when my previous one got nicked I bought another one. My previous one was bought from Blacks and was still in good nick after 5 years of frequent use. I have used and owned a number of fleeces over the years both whilst working outdoors and recreationally. This fleece works well as an individual item or as part of a layering system. I am sure there are other good fleeces out there but if you can get this one at a competitive price there is no reason to look elsewhere. I can see myself doing the same again when I need to replace this one.
on 2 March 2016
Bought this thinking it had an internal pocket as per description, but Berghaus has stopped making them with an inside pocket since Oct. 2015. This is not nice at all and I was very disappointed, but I gave 3 stars for the jacket anyway as it is still good quality. And Amazon refunded me £25 off the £55 (incl. P&P) price. Thanks.
I can always get a 3 pocket fleece anytime but a 4 pocket is a rare thing in a quality jacket. Some of the more expensive sellers for this item on the page may have last year's stock, which is better quality with the zipped inside pocket, as well as the chest pocket.
on 4 April 2016
The fleece does not have the zipped internal pocket as advertised, or the internal mesh pouch of the older version.
The material is also smoother and of poorer quality than older Berghaus Activity fleeces.Overpriced for what you get.
Time to move to to North Face or similar.
on 9 August 2014
Efficient delivery and product met and exceeded my expectations.
on 5 May 2016
Very comfortable, warm but not wind proof so cold in wind. The annoying thing is, even though its supposed to fit inside another jacket (and both the jacket and fleece are an M) however the fleece collar is too big for the inner zips. Annoying. Will keep though and wear without coat.