on 13 August 2013
I'm very pleased with this monitor.

I'd previously purchased a very mediocre monitor from LG which went back almost straight away. LG 22EN33S 21.5 inch Widescreen LED Monitor

This BenQ model feels well made and sturdy with none of the worrying wobble I experienced with the LG.

The back-light gives an even screen with no contrast or brightness changes at the edges.

Colours are bright without feeling over-cooked and similar but subtly different colours are well reproduced.

Blacks are truly excellent, deep and inky without crushing out detail.

The picture quality was great straight out of the box, without having to fiddle with the settings. In fact, the only adjustment I needed to make was to turn down the brightness as white web pages were almost dazzlingly white.

The only drawback with this monitor is a minor one, and common to many others. The anti-reflective screen has a slight texture to it, but this can only be seen when you get right up close.

All-in-all this is a bargain, high quality monitor which walked all over the more famous LG branded screen.

Highly recommended.
on 21 September 2013
the monitor was deivered a day before it was estimated which is always good. Its the perfect size for a monitor in my opinion. Ive played my games on it and it looks superb.

The nly thinyg to look out for is if you get pink lines going across your monitor. To fix this ust go to display and change the DPI setting to 120 and that was my problom sorted.
on 30 January 2014
I bought this monitor to act as a secondary to my Dell U2711. Of course, it wont be as good as a U2711 (that thing was well north of £1000 when new) but this little BenQ can hold its own to a very surprisingly degree and I am seriously impressed.

Using the colour calibration utility in Mac OSX I've gotten this monitor to look crisp, sharp and quite vibrant (FYI - connected via DVI). Text is smooth and easy to read and there is very little colour banding on smooth gradients. The display isn't completely neutral in colour, however, with greys having a very subtle blue tinge to them and I couldn't seem to fix this with manual settings (reducing blue resulted in a green or red tinge and I simply couldn't find a happy medium) - but again, I'm comparing this side by side with a pro-level monitor and if you were to view the BenQ in isolation, its outstanding and one of the best bargain monitors I've seen - if not THE Best - easily out-gunning more expensive monitors I've used ("HP Elite Display" springs to mind).

One tiny design decision that BenQ has made instantly catapulted this monitor to a 5 star level for me, and that's the arrangement of the ports on the back of the monitor. Many if not every consumer monitor I've seen has the ports facing outwards from the monitor, so cables are inserted at a 90degree angle which forces you to move the monitor away from the wall quite substantially. This BenQ? The ports face DOWN, the stand at the back is also very shallow meaning this thing stands very close to the wall. Since it has VESA mount points on the back you'd easily be able to sit it flush with the wall if you so desired! Its a tiny little design decision but it gave me an extra six inches of desk-space over my previous secondary display and it has made a world of difference, this is something I wish monitor manufacturers would do often rather than running in a "thinnest display by x-number of millimetres" race.

Buy this monitor, you wont be disappointed.
on 3 December 2013
Great size and got it for a good price (82.99)

It has 6 preset settings, but I'm still not sure if I like any of them apart from the regular one.

The discrete buttons on the right side of the screen are easy to operate and the menu is straight forward as you might expect, changing whatever you want.

The quality of the picture is very good (crisp and clear).

The base is stable, but it can only tilt the screen up and down, not left to right (surely it wouldn't be that much more to add?)

Connections are the old VGA and DVI (as good as HDMI, just doesn't carry any sound, but no speakers in screen, so no problem)

The VGA lead and power cord are included.

At the moment, for this price, no other same size screen can beat it. Recommended!
on 2 November 2013
Bought this monitor to replace dead Sony monitor that I'd had for about 10 years. Always thought that monitor was good but this is head and shoulders above it. Hard to believe that one costing less than £100 can be better than one that cost £900 at the time. Just goes to show how technology has moved on!!! Would recommend this monitor to anyone.
on 19 February 2014
This is an incredible monitor for the price, it was a massive difference going from my old 17 inch 4:3 monitor to this 21.5 inch 16:9 monitor. It feels like the perfect size, even for gaming, the colours are rich and the image is sharp. The only things I can say I don't like about this monitor is the lack of a HDMI connection and when the monitor first arrived, it was slightly too bright, but that can be turned down easily on the monitor.

This is definitely worth the price.
on 21 December 2013
This is a GREAT monitor for the price, good sharp hd quality display and a good size. Great for anyone on a budget.
on 5 December 2013
Well what can I say,

I have seen "better" brands sell the same sized screen for £30 more? Why?

£30 extra for the fact it says some other brand other than BenQ on it? Which is still a pretty good brand as it is anyway.

This monitor is excellent, includes a power cable, a VGA cable and lots of styrofoam protective wrapping! Also included is a CD (Which 99% of the time you do not need to bother installing) and a user guide. Doubtless to say being an IT guy, I was able to set this up by doing the typical bloke thing of picking up the user's guide, taking one look at the cover, and saying "Won't need that" as it flew halfway across the room.

Only got this delivered 1 day ago, currently using this in a dual monitor config with my 19" AOC screen. I am so impressed by this monitor that I will be ordering another shortly to replace my 19" AOC monitor, along with a desk bracket mount.

Connects using either standard VGA or DVI (this monitor has a DVI-D Dual Link port which is just as well as I took a gamble and bought a Belkin DVI-D single link to HDMI adapter cable to plug into my GPU, Yes, you can use a DVI-D single link cable connector in this DVI-D Dual link port, but not vice versa. Also please note that a DVI-I Cable WILL NOT work if plugging the DVI connector into the rear of the screen).

Only thing I would have liked to see is a HDMI connection port on the rear of the screen but can't have it all I guess!

Pics to follow shortly.

Overall, excellent product, great quality monitor, fantastic price (£88 at the time of ordering the first monitor).
review image
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 December 2013
Good value monitor for the price. Very easy to set up with excellent resolution. Well made and sturdy construction. I originally bought it for use with a Raspberry Pi, but I'm using it now with my laptop because I find it so much easier than the laptop screen.
on 7 March 2014
Amazing monitor and well worth the money!
Was delivered the day after dispatch. 5/5 service

My only problem with it is that it doesn't tilt much but other than that amazing for the money! 5/5