on 15 September 2013
As the saying goes....you get what you pay for! I have an iphone 5 and the charger cable that came with my phone had lasted less than 10 months, which is extremly poor going. Knowing that other cheaper cables, however colourful they may be, are likely to last even less time, given my family's experience of this, I ordered this charger, for a lot more money may I add.

However, as soon as I opened the packet I knew it was worth every penny. When you put the cables side by side (which there should be a picture of in my opinion!) the Belkin cable is far more substantial, from the thinkness of the wire to the chunky adaptor piece that goes into the phone. This cable will not bend and break like Apple's, and it was ultra long too, 3m! I suppose the length could put some people off as it's not 'travel' size. My phone was fully charged within 40 minutes which is amazing as I was beginning to think my iphone was turning into a landline! In all of my life I have never been the slightest bit interested in such items, but this product is superior!
on 10 December 2014
I have the 3m version. Official Belkin product and packaging from Amazon Prime.

So far, after several months, no problems - I am loving this chunky (little) cable. It's so well made, it's a pleasure it use. A real pleasing experience every time I plug it it - real quality product.

Will buy again, having tried other cheaper items, which soon fail.

Advice to you - Buy from Amazon only, not other retailers for a genuine item.
on 23 October 2014
worked for about a month fine then started to stop and start and now cables are exposed, very dissaponted as i bought it in confidence of being a strong and sturdy phone charger.
review image
on 27 February 2014
This product was sold as apple certified, then why is this product not working after 3 days. My iphone5 displays a message not compatible with iphone. If a product is certified, how can it fail while its charging. Can't believe I end up paying for a fake product. This item is sold as white colour lead, but its not its light grey colour.
on 8 May 2014
Terrible product, I got 3 of them for the home but they dont work.
The one that DOES work only works when i used it with a full on "big" apple charger (ie. the ipad one, not the iphone one - most likely due to the higher wattage)
very disappointed with this from Belkin
on 18 April 2015
Does not come in proper Belkin retail packaging (just a plastic bag) or with any paperwork like previous Belkin products I have purchased. This makes me highly suspicious that this is not a genuine Belkin product but a cheap copy. I had deliberately gone for this one after reading poor reviews of other cables and I have always found Belkin products to be of good quality. Naturally, I was pleased when I discovered that this was available online for cheaper than my local supermarket. Sadly however, the quality is exceptionally poor as can be seen in the photo. I do not leave negative reviews lightly but I have been so shocked by the poor quality of this product I feel compelled to. I wholeheartedly recommend that you do not buy this product.
review image
on 20 January 2016
Bought the 3 metre version of this directly from Amazon - its a nice sturdy cable which arrived sealed in proper Belkin branded packaging - and it worked perfectly for just over a year when it suddenly died for both charge and synch. The puzzle is that I have been extremely careful with it and that there is no visible sign whatsoever of damage or strain around the connectors [the usual culprit for cable failure, especially with Apple's own interconnects]. Its not cheap so only 3 stars for a years usage - at this price [£22 at purchase] its not unreasonable to expect at least a couple of years use. Roll on the introduction of USB C!
on 15 March 2014
After 1 week it stopped working - the plug is noticeably wobbly in both my iPhone and iPad yet my other leads are fine, so it's not my devices, it's the lead. I've emailed the supplier requesting a refund but no response yet.
on 13 April 2016
Judging by other reviews, it seems like there's a certain amount of luck involved. I personally would only buy direct from Amazon, it seems like buying from other sellers is a bit of a lottery.

That said, I have had excellent service from my cable. I bought it in November 2013, and it's been used constantly - generally at least once per day - including being wound up to travel, frequently used with the iPad at strange angles, etc. It's been my main and most used cable for all that time, and has lasted considerably better than either the original Apple cable or the replacement I was given when that one failed during its first year, or any other cables (and longer ones in particular) that I've purchased.

Recently the wire started to come away from the casing at the iPad end, but it still worked, and was easily fixed with some insulation tape. Just this evening, it appears to finally have given out, and will no longer charge my iPad. Fortunately I do have alternates, but they're all short ones - the longer wires I've used from several sources have all been unreliable/have stopped talking to/charging the iPad sooner or later, including the Amazon basics black wire. This is the most reliable long cable I've had for my iPad, it's given me over two years of excellent service, and a month or so of being usable despite having visible wear and tear. I bought it on an Amazon deal, so it cost me £15; by contrast, the wires I had from Apple which retail at something over £20 as far as I know, and are only 1m long, all stopped working or downright fell apart within 18 months at the outside.

In short, no contest, and this cable having finally failed after almost 2 1/2 years of constant use, I full intend to purchase another directly from Amazon.

Edit: Okay, almost by accident I discovered that it was the USB socket (which I've had for a much shorter time) that failed. Don't know why, literally stopped working in the middle of me using it. So despite being old and overused and held together with insulation tape, this cable officially still works. Kudos.
on 30 October 2014
Use this with battery pack and its ideal as you don't have lots of spare cable to tangle. Discolours after a while, but no more than the Apple cables do when carried about in bags full of stuff, picking up dirt. No good for wall chargers as its too short, but for what I use it for its perfect! I put the battery pack on desk or hold it when on move, and put phone on top of the pack and the lead is just long enough not to bend at damaging angles connecting the two. Using the laptop, its good for syncing iphone again without loads of spare cable getting in the way.