on 11 February 2013
The charger thing is very small and I can close the ashtray when the lead is not plugged in which keeps everything looking neat. The charger lead fits the iPhone perfectly and the quality all round is top drawer. Well worth the extra money over the cheaper, uglier versions.
on 21 February 2013
Works perfectly, and the plug on the phone end (Lightning Connector) is actually easier to grip/remove than the Apple one, which is just too small and fiddly.
on 4 September 2014
I've had a couple of in car chargers for my S4 and they've been advertised as compatible with my phone, but they've been under 2.1 amp and therefore have been unable to hold a charge and noticed battery drain whilst using Waze navigation. This is perfect and looks the part. Made from quality materials and looks trendy and stylish with the lime green colouring. The cable is long enough for to sit in the middle of my car and reach over my steering wheel and onto the windscreen where my phone sits.

I'd seriously recommend buying this for your Smartphone if you use it in your car for navigation. I'd recommend the Waze app for this by the way. Which is like having a friend who is local to the area you're travelling and knows short cuts etc.
on 11 October 2014
Rubbish! Firstly the cable does not appear to MFI certified - my iPhone6 promptly complained as soon as I plugged it in that it was not an approved cable and might not perform properly. OK I only want it to charge and it seems to do that but I don't want a warning message every time I plug it in. This is from a reputable brand and claims to be MFI approved - either its faulty - or its a forgery.

Second - the bullet charger didn't work at all - I plugged it in to replace the Belkin 1A bullet charger I had in place and nothing happened. [I checked the cable with my old charger and it does charge but still displays the fault message].

All in all a total fail!
on 8 March 2013
Ideal, very compact, just what I wanted. Very good value and charges quite quickly. Good that usb lead is separate.
on 1 February 2013
Works as described - but it's too expensive really. Like others have said, the light is obnoxiously bright, but at least you are in no doubt that there's no power being sapped when the engine's off.
on 25 April 2014
Seems to be an issues with the USB Lightning cable, the car charger is still working, but we've had to use an official apple cable. The Belkin cable refuses to charge or comes up on the iPhone screen with compatibility warnings.
on 24 November 2013
Pros:
Works on iPhone 5s without errors!
Fits Genuine Apple iPhone case perfectly!

Cons:
None

I was nervous about buying this as I have heard that many non Apple cables will not fit the genuine leather Apple case due to the small cut out. I am very please with this product not only does it work on my 5s for charge and sync (without error messages) it also fits my Apple case with room to spare despite it being a slightly bigger cable than the Apple one. There seems to be a lot of fake cables flying about. I would spend a bit more and buy through Amazon direct to get a genuine one. Amazon sent my order super saver and it arrived next day!
on 17 February 2014
I have no Apple products and most car chargers are dual port with one Apple port and one non-Apple port. Hence one port would be superfluous for me. So I decided to buy a name that I had actually heard of (Belkin) with a single port that would charge Android phones / tablets. I'm glad I paid a bit extra for a piece of kit that will hopefully have a decent life span.

This little charger is brilliant. It is actually smaller than I expected (55mm from the tip of the "prong" to the base, and 22mm diameter across the green band), so it sits very unobtrusively in the charger. It has a green light to show when it has power.

It also comes with a one metre data/charge lead (USB to micro USB), and it charges very fast (using AC charging not USB charging, for those who know what I'm talking about). It actually charges my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (8 inch) tablet over twice as fast in the car as it does using the original mains adapter and cable that came with the tablet. So I'm now using this cable indoors with the original mains adapter for a fast charge. (Note: this tablet needed a 5V 2.0A supply).

Can't comment on the iPhone/iPad version, but I can wholeheartedly recommend the Android version of this product.

UPDATE: I have since contacted Samsung about the original charge cable that came with the tablet, and they have sent a new cable. It would appear that the original cable was faulty. The new cable charges at 1500 - 1600 mA, which is about the same as the charge rate from this Belkin car charger.
on 16 December 2013
When it worked it was a good product but I only had it a week when the charger pin broke inside my phone, annoying because it's not one of the cheap chargers