Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Being Human: Series One [DVD] forum

Being Human pilot episode

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Mar 2009 20:05:10 GMT
Draig Goch says:
Does anyone know if the pilot episode of the bbc series Being Human is (or will be) available?

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2009 17:38:23 GMT
Sophie Read says:
yes you can watch it in about 6 parts on youtube

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Mar 2009 08:26:39 GMT
I was kind of hoping they'd put it as an extra on the DVD - especially as it's 'canon', according to the writer. Anyone know if that might happen?

Posted on 11 Mar 2009 17:18:24 GMT
The pilot is not just canon, but the rest of the series builds upon events depicted in it, making it pretty important. I'll be very disappointed if it's not included on the discs.

Posted on 12 Mar 2009 14:05:18 GMT
Skeadugenga says:
Yes I was also hoping that it would be part of the extras

Posted on 13 Mar 2009 01:00:31 GMT
Grr says:
I'm blooming insisting on it!! I missed the first episode proper so feel I am two espisodes behind!!

In reply to an earlier post on 3 May 2009 15:49:24 BDT
The pilot can still be seen on Youtube (in 6 ten-minute segments). But not on the DVD, alas...

Posted on 9 May 2009 21:53:46 BDT
Doesn't seem to be on the DVD, which makes watching episode one SOOO confusing. I mean, I did watch the pilot on youtube, but it would be nice to sit and watch it all in one or two settings and have it all make sense.

Posted on 31 May 2009 23:30:10 BDT
M. Ward says:
It's not particularly confusing without the pilot (all the elements carried over - which is pretty much limited to the vampire uprising only hinted at in the pilot - are re-explained; otherwise, the pilot is just an intro to the characters - there's not even as much backstory to their situations as is revealed in later episodes). The producers have also noted that it is NOT canon, though there isn't anything hugely contradictory in the series bar the occasional wayward line (and the otherwise bizarre conversation where George recounts what appears to be the events of the pilot to Annie).

That being said - the pilot was *fantastic*, and deserves to be included simply because it was good, regardless of whether it's necessary. It's an enormous blow not to have it on the official DVD set - which going by the reviews here is a pretty poor release anyway. A terrible shame; the series deserves much better representation than this...

Posted on 4 Sep 2009 20:27:58 BDT
Steve Jones says:
one word to see the pilot:Usenet.

Posted on 15 Sep 2009 06:26:26 BDT
Hanaruka says:
youtube no longer is showing all six parts of the pilot and no the pilot epidsode isn't included in the DVD set of "being human", and there are a few more dispointing things in the release becuase the original music I heard hadn't been contracted for the DVD release of the series so they changed the songs out, which I'v heard kind of changes the feel of the series on the dvd set.

Posted on 13 Nov 2009 22:46:03 GMT
Does anyone know if there is to be a season 2? I love this show!

Posted on 16 Feb 2013 01:55:52 GMT
D. E. Thomas says:
It's available in divx format to download in full for 98cents on the movieberry.com website as are all the other series including the US version

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Feb 2013 01:57:17 GMT
D. E. Thomas says:
It's available in divx format to download in full for 98cents on the movieberry.com website as are all the other series including the US version
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  3 Mar 2009
Latest post:  16 Feb 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Being Human: Series One [DVD]
Being Human: Series One [DVD] by Russell Tovey (DVD - 2009)
4.5 out of 5 stars (120)