From the Back Cover
Dive into the exciting world of Visual Basic programming
Whether you want to create desktop programs, build web applications, or develop your own Windows 8 Apps, Visual Basic 2012 gets you there, and this book shows you how. With the help of step–by–step tasks and sample code, you′ll be programming your first Visual Basic applications in no time. You′ll gain a solid understanding of the language and progress to more advanced topics that take your skills to the next level. With your improved skill set, you′ll be amazed by the solutions you can create.
Beginning Visual Basic 2012:
- Takes you through the basics of writing software and controlling the flow of the program
- Describes how to work with data structures, use XAML, and build Windows® applications
- Covers debugging and the use of structured error handling
- Shows how to build class libraries, use strong names, and register assemblies
- Discusses database programming with SQL Server® and ADO.NET
- Explores the basic components of web applications and dives into building websites
- Examines the new style for developing Windows 8 touch applications
wrox.com Programmer Forums
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that guides you through all the techniques involved.
About the Author
Bryan Newsome works as a senior programmer and analyst specializing in Microsoft solutions. He provides clients with solutions and mentoring on leading–edge Microsoft technologies. Bryan is a Microsoft Certified Application Developer for VB.NET.