on 23 December 2012
Usually I take a long time to get through text/reference books, however I'm absolutely flying through this one.
It covers all the bases needed to roll out a SharePoint project for an organisation.

Each chapter starts with brief, enthusing bullet points of the benefits of this chapter's SharePoint feature. It then provides great real life business scenarios and solutions and finally walks you through a series of step by step "Try it outs" so you quickly learn by doing hands on exercises. Fast learning, understanding and retention - wonderful!
on 30 December 2011
I have seen and read few books on Sharepoint 2010 namely Step-by-Step series from Microsoft and developer books from Apress but this one is the best when tapping into the world of Sharepoint. As an experienced ASP.NET Web Developer I must say it has really leveraged my knowledge about the Sharepoint and helped me to understand the internals in a pretty simple way. I like the way each chapter is presented and authored in a simple English language. This should be the first book to read for anyone want to be a SharePoint consultant.
on 9 February 2014
This book allows you to offer SharePoint solutions out of the box as I opposed to programming solutions (something that SharePoint developers often do without considering other OOTB options). However business users needs from SharePoint always exceed what SharePoint can do out of the box so inevitably this book will not offer a lot of business solutions. Nonetheless it's a good book. For the next version, think of more and more actual business scenarios that SharePoint can offer solutions for.
on 17 October 2014
I bought this because one of the reviews said it was good for both beginners (me) and more advanced SharePoint users. It's not. It's a really heavy tome, both in subject and actual weight. It's no use to me as it's too detailed and the pages are too busy. All the pictures are b/w and it's just unappealing. I'm sure advanced SharePoint users will love it, but it's not suitable for a beginner. There are better books out there for them.
on 3 February 2013
nice book for beginners and advance, well explained and is understandable for everyone.
the minor side, there is no cd included so you have to lookup online.
on 22 February 2014
I found this item to be just as described and an excellent read too. It was also fast delivery. I would definrtely recomend for future purchases. Thank-you.