on 5 November 2005
I bought the book to develop my understanding of XHTML/css with the specific purpose of trying to better understand accessibility issues. I think the book does a good job in getting you 'up and running'. However, the finished site does not render properly in Firefox (released version 1 or 1.5 Beta 2)if you try and magnify/enlarge the text the page actually disintegrates! It looks/behaves great in Opera and IE (subject to IEs limitations). I have tried raising the question on the publishers forum and not had a reply. Im unable to figure out how to correct the problem - is it code from the 'page' or a browser issue?
I still believe the author has produced a good work in a complex field; if this issue could be clarified I would reconsider my rating.
on 15 October 2004
I am a 3rd year Information Systems Student and this book has been really useful with assisting me with XHTML and CSS in my Web Principles module. It has useful examples that are explained in plain English, which is a delightful change from Computer Jargon written books.
Don't be put off from the size as you can just flick through to find the sections that you need help with.
Overall a good guide for people interested in building webpages in HTML/XHTML and CSS.
Well recommended!!!
on 4 September 2008
Very good book for anyone with no knowledge of programming. I've nearly finished it and have already ordered my next Wrox book. If your wanting to learn the basics of html programming along with other areas CSS (I didn't even know what CSS was before I started....or html for that matter)then this is the book for you. Great introduction.