Joomla!, exclamation point and all, is one of the most searchedfor and hiredfor open source content management systems in the world. Since 2007, the combination of Joomla! and Dan Rahmels bestselling Beginning Joomla!, From Novice to Professional have made it so that all you have to do is read a single book to learn how to build sites that take communityauthored content and turn it instantly into published web pages with all the latest features like rich templating, community member profile management, forums, photo management, and article commenting.
Now revised and updated for Joomla! 1.6, this second edition jobinabook provides the solid core of knowhow that youll need to get the most out of your Joomla! deployment, written to fully exploit the features of latest version of Joomla! More than just a simple build a toy web site guide, Beginning Joomla!, Second Edition will give you a wealth of lifesaving tips, tricks, tools, and fixes that experienced Joomla! developers use to build powerful, popular web sites while avoiding major headaches. This book covers
- How to use content versioning and multiblogger support
- Access management and how documents, photos, and other content are managed in Joomla! 1.6
- Ecommerce integration, search engine optimization, and even extending Joomla! by creating your own plugins
Dan Rahmel explores the updates to Joomla! 1.6 that youll need if you already use Joomla! and explains, using the latest terms, how to build a web site from scratch if you dont already use Joomla! An update to the bestselling Joomla! title on the market, this is the Joomla! book to get.
What youll learn
- The best way to set up a Joomla! installation and web server
- Creating a Joomla! site, from idea to execution
- The latest features of Joomla! and how to leverage them
Who this book is for
This book is for current and prospective web developers interested in using the Joomla! content management system, as well as for any web user seeking to learn how to selfpublish for a community.