on 18 July 2007
I have been collecying embroidery books in my whole life. I love drawn thread work and I include ver often sections of drawn thread work in my designs.
This is the best, the clearest, the most attractive book I have found to learn and practice this lovely form of embroidery. Instructions are written in a pleasant way, pictures and graphs are neat and clear and the whole book is a powerful source of tips and information.
One of the best books in my big collection of embroidery books.
I will try to find the email of the Author, to let her know the excellent quality of her work.

Giulia Manfredini Cornali
Needlework designer of Giulia Punti Antichi
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 19 January 2010
If ever a book could persuade me to try drawn thread embroidery - this is it. Temptation indeed. I'm already searching the net for the materials. Patricia tells you all you need to know to create exquisite embroideries in this technique that has a reputation of being somewhat difficult.

A good how-to-guide with all the techniques clearly explained and photographed, ways of embellishing work with embroidery stitches and great projects too. I could not ask for more.
on 13 July 2007
I was very pleased with this book.I would recomend this book. It has some great charts to sew.It explains how to stitch very well.
on 1 May 2012
After seeing the amazing results a friend had created after purchasing this book, I decided (nervously) to buy one for myself. Drawn thread looks very complicated, and the results my friend had achieved looked incredibly complicated (but incredibly beautiful) to do.

This book is fantastic for making it easy to understand and simple. There are four beautiful different project to choose from, of different difficulties. The author breaks everything down into easy to manage chunks. It never overwhelms you, but takes you carefully step by step through each stage, so that you can do each step quite happily, and then you step back and realise what an intricate piece of work you have just created.

One huge benefit about this book is that the author includes both line drawings and photographs of the various stages, so you can see exactly what you are doing, and it makes it much easier to follow. Another huge positive, is that the book is carefully arranged with all the stitches in one section, which is very handy for reference and then the projects and instructions in another section. This means that the instructions stay simple and clear.

Its a very thorough guide and it well written, on nice quality paper. I had really fast delivery and so was extra pleased.
on 17 October 2010
This type of embroidery is always something I have wanted to do but not sure where to start.
It is exactly as the title says Drawn Thread Embroidery for beginners. It starts with the basic stitches threads etc and projects to practice on. Very good clear instructions with large pictures showing the stitches. I am enjoying having a go it does not seem quite so daunting now to be able to create loveley pieces of embroidery.
on 22 July 2011
The preview pages that were available to view before purchase was the decider for me as to which book on drawn thread work that I should choose. The book was delivered very quickly and in perfect condition. I have already worked one of the samplers and am half way through a second one. As a complete beginner to this type of embroidery I have found the instructions clear and very easy to follow. I am pleased with the work I am producing.
on 22 September 2009
If you are lookign for a clear guide to drawn thread this is great value for money choice.
on 27 February 2014
Up until recently I didn't know anything about Drawn Thread Embroidery but on a visit to Bakewell at Christmas saw some examples of it in a fabulous embroidery shop and was inspired to investigate further. I ordered this book and started to practise. I found it difficult at first but love a challenge so persevered and am just about to complete my first project - it's beautiful! So different to anything I have done before. This book has very clear instructions and despite the fact that I am not an experienced embroiderier (is that a word?!) I have mastered it - YAY!
on 26 June 2013
I am delighted to have this book as I am a novice but find her presentation superb and very encouraging. Itching to have a go.
on 18 March 2014
Best beginners book I've seen, great instructions, together with pictures showing step by step guides to all stitches shown. Beautiful projects to take on for the adventurous stitcher. A very good buy ***** five star rating!