- Paperback: 144 pages
- Publisher: Floris Books (21 Sept. 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0863155758
- ISBN-13: 978-0863155758
- Product Dimensions: 19.3 x 14 x 1.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 434,810 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Bees and Honey, from Flower to Jar Paperback – 21 Sep 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
'The author is not only an experienced beekeeper who looks after fifty colonies but also a committed teacher who possesses a great passion for bees and a deep understanding of their behaviour and nature...The text conveys the reader smoothly through this refreshing insight into the bees' world, the photographs, various biological illustrations, line drawings and tables are all designed to enhance the learning process from this book. On a literary note, there are also two delightful poems...to add to the reader's pleasure...Good value for money at GBP8.99.' --Bee Keeping, Dec. 2006 'Michael Weiler is an experienced beekeeper who looks after fifty colonies. He is a teacher with a great passion for bees and deep understanding of their nature. I had already begun to apply organic principles within my own beekeeping and I am now convinced that the biodynamic route is the one I shall take.' -- Philip Chandler of the Wholesome Food Association, in Star and Furrow Winter 2005, after participating in a day-course on 'The Nature of Bees and Biodynamic Beekeeping' with Michael Weiler organised by the BDAA 'Informed by a Goethean perspective, this fascinating book about the life cycle of a bee tells the reader all they need to know about the subject.' --Scientific and Medical Network Review 'This delightful and detailed little book takes us on a wonderful journey through the beekeeping year...The outline of the Demeter Beekeeping Guidelines at the back of the book will be especially useful to beekeepers considering how they can best work with their bees.' -- Sue Peat, The Anthroposophical Society in Great Britain Newsletter, Oct 2006 'If you're an experienced bee-keeper wishing to know your bees better, and more so if you're one that likes to share the art of bee keeping with fellow human beings, then this little book shows how!! The writer, Co-director of the Demeter association in Germany, takes us by the hand on a wonderful journey through the beekeeping year.' --Star and Furrow, Winter 2006 'From poetic opening lines to a royal jelly finale this wonderful book has been written from the heart-mind of a man who truly loves his bees. Readers may feel themselves transported to stand beside the beekeeper, accompanying him as he tends to his hive. Which is of course the book's defining strength. Well illustrated with excellent photographs and clear diagrams.' -- Harvests Magazine, August 2007
About the Author
Michael Weiler has been a beekeeper for twenty-five years and runs courses and conferences on ecological beekeeping in Germany and the UK.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book gives you loads of information about all aspects of Bees,their actions,developement,hivelife everything..It is simple yet detailed. Read morePublished 21 months ago by Chris Sullivan
Very well packed and arrived quite promptly. This book is very well written and makes a good read. The information is clearly understood.Published on 6 April 2013 by Linda
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Insects & Spiders
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Invertebrates > Arachnids
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Invertebrates > Insects
- Books > Science & Nature > Food & Farming > Animal Husbandry > Beekeeping
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Wild Animals > Insects & Spiders
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Agriculture & Farming