on 23 March 2010
As a future student midwife I found this book an excellent read and it was a good reference when I prepared for my college interview.
on 17 November 2011
I have bought this book to prepare me for a midwifery interview. Good book giving basics on the nitty gritty of midwifery.
on 30 April 2013
I have only had this book a few weeks but it has been fantastic to help expand my knowledge. It's my 'go to' book now for most things, and allows me to understand the basics before reading more indepth in other books. Recommend this to all 1st year and aspiring midwives.
on 11 July 2012
Excellent book, easy to read yet very informative of the role of a midwife.
As an aspiring midwife it makes me want to succeed in this role even more.
on 11 July 2013
Didn't rate this book at first, but as I started my 18 month course in midwifery I found it very useful and have referenced in a few assignments-especially professional and ethical practice! I did originally buy to read prior to the course but I as I say I didn't rate it at first...definantly would now recommend!
on 5 February 2013
After being recomended this book, was very disapointed not really what I was expecting very long winded. Still would recommend but expect to flick through a lot of jargon!
on 10 February 2013
this book is very useful and informative and written in a style that is very easy to read and understand
on 9 November 2012
I am applying to study Midwifery and this book has opened my eyes and if anything spurred me on. Brilliant book, very informative with little exercises for you to do throughout.
Can be a little heavy going as it is more of a text book than anything else however extremely useful tool.
Throughout the book the authors quote researchers for you to partake in further reading if you wish.

Would highly recommend this for anybody considering/mid way through a Midwifery course.
on 27 February 2014
Brilliant book. It gives you a great insight into the role and it is detailed. It is really 'wordy' but if you are an aspiring midwife this is a great start.
on 13 May 2013
Gift for my wife who is looking to become a midwife. She said it is a great book. So I guess it has all the relevant info.