on 26 April 2006
Beaver and Steve rock. A genuinely funny, irreverent and offbeat webcomic makes its way effortlessly onto the medium of print, looking very much at home. Being a fan of the webcomic, a lot of the material here is familiar to me but seeing it in this format and so professionally put together is a joy. Highly recommended to existing Beaver and Steve fans and fans of fun stuff everywhere.
on 26 April 2006
The first official compendium of Beaver and Steve webcomic strips, by the erudite pirate himself - James Turner, is out and it's a marvelous read for people of all ages. Children will enjoy the hilarious physical comedy and myriad side splitting characters, such as the Shoe Goblin or Emotibot, while adults will laugh themselves silly at the cleverly wrought dyad of Beaver and his inane, and sometimes infuriating companion, Steve. From the first panels in black and white, to the technicolour renderings of the majority of the collection, Turner has developed two very unique characters who inhabit a wonderful world where pandas are viewed with a healthy suspicion and your basic kitchen appliances may take you on a fantastical journey.

I've been a fan of the comic for some time and recommend this book to anyone who needs a few minutes in their day spent doing nothing but laughing.
on 8 May 2006
When I first stumbled across James Turner's cartoons on the web I pretty much threw away my artpad. 10 minutes of clicking on the next comic button with an increasing obsessiveness made it clear to me I was not going to produce anything that funny or visually engaging. If only more of the "web-artists" whose mediocre doodlings litter the internet would pay a visit and be inspired either to raise their game or give up.

Beaver and Steve would be a hit whether it had started on the net or grown from local paper syndication. It is a hit because it is stupid and clever all at once. It is accessible and laugh out loud funny.

The reproductions of the cartoons in the book are a little disappointing; they are rather dark but that may just be my copy ... or my monitor settings.

There is no conceivable way you are going to regret this purchase.
on 25 April 2006
This is the start of the comics revolution! Beaver and Steve is a delightfully innocent comic starring Beaver - a beaver, and Steve - a lizard / dinosaur thing. Very funny, beautifully quirky and completely suitable for all ages, I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who has a pulse. You can't help but fall in love with the characters!

For the first time, Beaver and Steve have slipped of their web plaform and emerged onto paper, in full glorious colour! Bonus features, extra content, higher resolution and less damage to your eyes offer more than enough incentive to buy this fab publication...
on 25 April 2006
"Gasp! As our heroes meddle with the very fabric of reality itself!", "Cower! As robots learn to feel love and toasters learn to feel pain!"

And the less said about pandas the better (no, really!). Beaver & Steve are truly comic creations from a tortured genius, happily inhabiting a finely crafted world of superbly drawn comic strips where armadillos fly and you absolutely don't want to cross the shoe goblin.

These webcomic strips have kept me tuned in and logging on week by week. Combining them into hard-copy, glossy paper format is fantastic. I look forward to volume 2.
on 4 May 2006
This book is pure wonder, imagination and joy!

Full of incredible characters, beautiful and whimsical comic illustrations and complete comic genius to read!

James Turner is a very talented young man who needs to be encouraged to create more of this fantastic addtion to my comic collection.

I grew to love Beaver and Steve online but now I can own them for myself!

Pure Comedy Gold!
on 25 April 2006
A masterpiece in comic form. marvel as your life instantly becomes a nicer place to be.
on 22 May 2006
Simple, cheery art style matched with puns, onomatopoeias and pixies. I stumbled across this web comic about 6 months ago and promptly spent the rest of the afternoon reading all the comics I'd missed.

Now you too can do the same in the comfort of a soft chair or in bed without straining your eyes looking at a monitor.
on 12 May 2006
This has to be the best comic book ever!

I couldn't put it down!
on 25 April 2006
THis was the best £9 I ever spent. It came in the post this morning and I have read it cover to cover twice already! The unfeasible adventures of beaver and steve will make you laugh and cry all at the same time and can only be described as art, hilarious art!