on 9 May 2013
I saw this book featured in the Sunday Times mag and bought it. This book is fantastic although I think the title might be misleading as it's not a quick fix it's a new way of eating for a healthy lifestyle. I spent most of the book wondering what the new way of eating would entail as the basis of the detox is towards the back of the book. The bulk of the book outlines healthy eating guidelines and gives great advice on why you should avoid dairy, gluten, peanuts, soya, yeast, sugar etc. For me it's a bit like a Macrobiotic diet with food combining. Although Kimberley says don't eat fruit with veggies etc. the juice and smoothies for breakfast include fruit to sweeten them. Personally I wouldn't use a banana as mucous forming and very sweet I would use an organic apple or pear with the seeds in as they have B17 in them (potential cancer cure)- to be fair the smoothie does have apple and a banana. She says you can use ice but ice is not good for the body so you could use some frozen blueberries instead of the banana just to chill the drink a bit. The recipes look fab especially the dressings, although it looks like you would need a lot of avocadoes 'ready to eat' to hand! The book says don't eat salt and olive oil, just use coconut oil but oils are used in some of the dressings and there are lots of oil free ones. Anyway despite my observations from what I have learnt, this is an absolutely inspiring book and I've adopted the tenets of this way of eating already. You could use this book as part of an alternative way to cure cancer or any other dis-ease in the body like diabetes or arthritis. Great to use as part of your holistic healing. Will be recommending to all my friends.
on 7 June 2013
A bit radical approach to diet and human nutrition, but absolutely inspiring. if you want to stay healthy, energetic and fit for long time, buy this book and follow its rules. Worth much more than its price.
on 29 August 2013
This book is so full of interesting information on how food reacts in the body. The first section of the book is information giving followed by a long term detox eating plan. This second part I found quite extreme and personally would find it difficult to follow. It's still a great reference book and I know I'll refer to it regularly.
on 9 August 2013
I really liked this book, and particularly enjoyed the first chapters explaining the theory behind the concept. However I found that the one week sample menu wasn't really inspirational, and the recipes included were seriously lacking. The author talks of how there are plenty of delicious fruit dishes to choose from and fill up with, but hasn't included any. I had hoped for more smoothie recipes, but there were only two fruit versions, one of which was simply watermelon and almond milk - hardly a recipe. There were three vegetable smoothies including the glowing green smoothie, which was the reason I purchased the book. Nevertheless I enjoyed the concept of a near raw food diet, so gave the book 4 stars.
on 18 June 2014
Stumbled upon this book while browsing for raw food recipes,so pleased I found this, wonderful information,easy to understand and lots and lots of recipes in three different stages,don't be misled by the title,l thought it was just another beauty tips book,not at all,very interesting read,for anyone,men included,this lady writes from experience and includes information from well known doctors and studies,encapsulates the true wonder of nature's bounty in her recipes,was so impressed I bought another of her books straight away,this is defiantly one to add to your library if you are wanting to improve your health,especially if you are into raw foods.
on 27 September 2013
The idea of detoxification and/or incorporating as much fruit and vegetable into the diet,I have no qualms with. Also reduction of protein intake to no more than is necessary,valid point. My grouse is with her food pairings. Proteins and starches don't mix? I'm scratching my head in confusion. Nature avails us of plants that have both protein and carbohydrate content, are those bad then? Examples- quinoa( which the writer lavishly praises), millet,oats,etc.
If we were designed to eat food groups in isolation,then why do we already have them in combination in nature? I eagerly await a response on this,Ms Snyder.

The people who have achieved the healthiest states they can be mostly from diet are those who do a lot of fruits and vegetables,fish and drink a lot of water. Everything else in moderation. That's why the Okinawas are so famous.

Enough already with all these fads,it's becoming annoying. And to nail the coffin,Drew Barrymore is said to be an avid follower of this lady's plan. Well, that's all the proof I need that apart from a few good tips,the rest should be taken with a nano- pinch,if any,of salt.
on 4 May 2015
I enjoyed reading the book. I want to improve my health by eating a plant based diet and this book will be a useful tool in working towards that goal. The recommended menu plan would take some discipline to stick to, but I can also see that if I could make the changes my health issues would improve dramatically. The small changes I have made so far have made me feel better in my mental and physical health. I am going to continue making small changes using this book and others to do with plant based eating.
on 1 August 2013
Great book,helpful tips;-) really enjoy the lifestyle;-) my skin is clearing up and the lbs r melting away,and energy increasing;-)
on 3 August 2013
Too much chat! Not enough real information on juicing making it overly complicated so not easy too follow waste of money.
on 21 December 2014
This is a great book packed with info about the right foods eaten in the right order. I have changed my dietary habits as a result and eat a lot more fresh fruit and vegetables. Exercise is also important. The green juice really works in flattening the tummy and reducing bloating, something that I had experienced for over a year until I started taking the green juice.