Format: Paperback|Change
Price:Β£4.99+ Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 19 March 2008
My son who is 7 years old and has not been much of a reader in the past, cannot get enough of these books. He has now read the whole series of 6 books within 3 weeks. He is desperate for the next series which is released in May. I would definately recommend this book and the series for young boy readers. It's a great way to introduce them into reading!
on 27 November 2013
I enjoy reading these to my kids they look forward to a couple of chapter at night time. Though, I have caught my 6 year old grabbing the book and reading a couple pages on his own. Who would have though exciting action packed stories of magic and mystical characters/beasts would encourage youngsters to read?

After the freeing Arcta, Tom and Ellana travel to the country side. Here their mission is to free Tagus the Horseman (a Centaur) who is attacking the surrounding cattle he once protected. During ove of these attacks a local boy is causes a bush fire and a local boy is missing. Tom is wrongfully blamed. Cut off from his friends and magical items can Tom escape, clear his name and still free the beast?

Good story, of action but the thing that stands out in this story is Tom's resolve and resourcefulness. The series continues to highlight Tom's courage in situations even when he is overmatched. The true makings of a hero.
on 9 March 2013
One of the many Beast Quest books popular with 7-10 year olds this year. The stories capture the ideas of children about what it would be like to have adventures in a world of magic and amazing beasts. The characters are easily accessible to this age group, and the stories are not too complex. 5 stars for Adam Blade.
on 12 February 2010
The Beast Quest series is an absolute find for our family! My 8 year old son was a very reluctant reader -reading well below his age -and then I bought him the first series of Beast Quest. He cannot put them down -which is something I thought I'd never see! Really nice stories for boys probably from about 6 or 7 years old.
on 19 November 2010
My six year old had the first book in the series bought as a birthday present, and he has just continued to rampage through the series since. Really good value, with imaginative stories.
on 28 August 2010
I am writing this review with my 6 year old son who is a big Beast Quest fan. He feels that this is a very good instalment of the Beast Quest series, above average. It was a funny book (in places) and the beast was interesting. The hero's had to dash about a lot in this book. Overall I'd recommend the BQ series as a good way of enticing boys to read. My son has these as bedtime stories and often reads on alone after lights out!
on 10 April 2012
Capturing the reader from the first, Adam Blade has created a compelling fantasy series. I thoroughly recommend this book. When I was a child it was The Hobbit that led to the large tome of The Lord of The Rings. Imposing for some primary school children but not for me, I loved them both. I've maintained my interest in fantasy literature and was pleased that my (primary age) children followed suit by reading Beast Quest books. I thought I should check it out and read Tagus. I could appreciate their interest. They created Beast Quest clubs at school and want Beast Quest parties for birthdays. I don't see anything bad for children in these books, of those I've read it's all good, the perennial struggle of good against evil in bite sized stories.

My daughter says of Tagus: "It gives the children a taste of adventure without leaving the room. I like the way the author makes the reader get excited and then the story bursts into brilliant sparks. I like how Tom seems doomed to fail then he uses his mind instead of his muscle, which teaches the reader that brain is better than brawn,"
on 1 May 2010
My seven year old daughter is a good reader and wanted to read some adventure stories - got a bit of a tomboy streak. She saw these and we've given them a try. She's enjoyed the first series 1-6 and we're just starting on the second. Stories are relatively formulaic but enjoyable.
on 1 September 2015
This was one of the most exciting Adam Blade books that I have read I really liked the part of this book when........ ALL OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸŽΈπŸŽΈπŸŽΈ
on 8 May 2013
Bought for my 8 year old Grandsons’ collection. He loves these stories although I thought they would be too scary - but no. Good little books added bonus of collectors cards.