on 19 May 2011
Bean "The Ultimate Disaster Movie" has had plenty of reviews so little more can be said about this Rowan Atkinson masterpiece. It's worth buying (even if you have seen it before) just to lift your spirits after a hard day at work. If you think life is bad for you at the moment, take a look at Mr Bean's lot - certainly it's not a happy one, but he keeps smiling despite every conceivable obstacle being thrown at him and endless bad luck drops him in it from a great height on numerous occasions. It is quite simply brilliant. When you get immersed into his world, it makes you realise that things in your life can't be really that bad. Anything that can be thrown at you will not stick for ever. Life is worth living, as Mr Bean shows. From adversity rises optimism for a better future. In my opinion, this is a 'feel good factor' film par excelence and I highly recommend it for the whole family.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 March 2011
No getting away from it, to fully immerse oneself with this comedy it really helps if you are familiar with the character of Mr Bean in the first place. Rowan Atkinson is a British comedy genius, an unassuming man in real life, his comedy creations such as Edmund Blackadder, Inspector Fowler and Mr Bean have had the British Isles in raptures for many a year. With this here big screen debut for Mr Bean the timing was right, American audiences got something new to have a look at and Britain got an extended TV episode before the joke wore thin. Job done then, the gags work well, from embarrassing water stain moments to an exploding turkey, the laughs are there for the discerning film fan. But if it has a rewatch factor then one can't be sure, yet this film prompted a sequel in 1997 as Mr Bean went on vacation, so in that, this film made its mark for sure.

But ultimately you can surely only have so much of Mr Bean.......

6/10 for the irrepressible work of Rowan Atkinson.
on 17 January 2011
My husband had watched this film before and suggested we buy this for our children. We enjoyed watching the film together as a family and had a good laugh. Even though, some scenes are very unrealistic, it still is good for a laugh which we all need.
on 21 March 2013
I bought this for my husband who loves Bean! Prompt deliver and excellent price. At one point the DVD stopped working, but my brother in law took the DVD out and dusted it, and it has worked ever since, so am very pleased. Thank you.
on 12 May 2013
Usually I don't watch Mr. Bean movies as they are too ridiculous and slapstick. This one, though, is an exception. There is a plausible plot, good characterisation and a humane side shown of Mr. Bean. There is more of an effort at genuine comedy, rather than the usual inane, juvenile stuff. The other characters are well played, too. The movie has good pace, avoiding the repetitious nature of many other. Altogether, an enjoyable movie, with an unusual pathos at the end for Bean movies.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 November 2011
An excellent Bluray quite necessary if you a Bean Fan and it never looked or sounded better, unfortunately not availible in the USA where I Live, but since it's Region Free not to worry. Also a far superior Menu of Language Choices, something not seen in the States, really looking forward viewing it in German, my other Language1!!
on 26 April 2011
My brother who is autistic,got this film and absolutly loved this.When I watched it, I recommended it to all of my friends.I even bought it for my best friend on her birthday!
on 29 October 2011
My brother watched this with his friends,and begged my mum to buy it for ages! eventually she did buy it and he watches it every night every since! i would recommend this to any age as it is funny,with a touch of adult humour
on 27 March 2009
I am used to watch movies on my laptop, This movie has a very very good video quality but very poor audio .. I usually watch movies with better audio.. I can't hear the whole conversations because the low quality of the sound
on 25 July 2014
Mr Bean's Full-length films make him equal to Chaplin. But there's a current snag.
The Amazon website now contains extremely irritating unnecessary pop-ups. So I would buy Rowan Atkinson's discs from another dealer !