on 5 May 2016
Bought this doll as a next stage doll for my daughter who has only had soft bodied dolls in the past but wanted to bathe and 'care for' her dolls a bit more so we wanted a hard plastic one.
I specifically looked for a non-Caucasian doll as the shops only seem to sell blonde haired, blue eyed dolls which is hardly representative of the vast array of humanity.
The doll's arms and legs are slightly bent, and her legs swivel at the hips so she can sit up, although she is slightly hunched over in this position. Her back is flattened so she can lay down on her back without rocking from side to side. She has dimples and creases on her hands, arms, feet and legs and looks fairly realistic for a newborn. Her mouth is slightly open, but she can't suck her own thumb.
Fairly heavy due to the amount of plastic as she is sturdy and not flimsy like cheaper dolls. I have made her a few outfits using a standard 16" doll pattern so my daughter gets to dress and undress her.
My only criticism is that her body isn't sealed at the arm and leg joints so after we gave her a bath for the first time, she filled with soapy water which we couldn't get out and she would 'wee' out of her leg holes as she was moved around. I ended up having to use a drill to let her drain out, so she now has an anus and vagina as well as the anatomically correct folds she came with so we can drain the water out after a bath!
on 25 September 2013
This doll is amazing. So life like. The expression on its face is so endearing. I thought that not having a soft body that it would not be huggable.....but it is. I love the detail of the fingers, creases in the legs, so like a real baby. Open mouth is a bonus as a toy milk bottle can be used which is great fun for the grandchildren . Bonus is that it can go In to the dollies bath and be washed just like a real baby. So excellently made. Highly recommend this doll. Christmas is coming if you buy for that special little girl you won't be disappointed. Reasonably priced. Very pleased.
on 11 August 2014
I was looking for a medium skin toned doll for my mixed race daughter and this one is slighty darker than it appears in the photo but it has a really pretty face and looks alot nicer than the other options I found onliine, so i'm glad it lived up to the picture in that respect.
on 3 June 2014
What a lovely doll so well made and the face is lovely, Made baby doll clothes for her before giving her and she looks just like a sweet baby, Just what I wanted for a little girl.
on 12 August 2014
Lovely, lively looking doll and good quality. Good value compared with many other similar dolls.
on 24 October 2015
Lovely lifelike doll. My daughter was very happy.
on 25 August 2014
Great value. Many thanks.Wonderful doll.
on 15 February 2015
it met all my needs thank you
on 21 December 2015