Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.99

on 14 July 2009
I have enjoyed reading and re-reading Miss Read's books for many years. My old copies are gradually becoming "loose leaf". I am beginning to replace some and buy others which I have never owned. A really relaxing escape into a slower, gentler pace of life.
on 14 January 2013
This is one of a series of books by Miss Read on A fictional village and its inhabitants. They are all keenly observed and remind me not only of the village I grew up in but I also relate her characters to those in my village today. All her novels are gentle and nostalgic for a way of English life which is fast disappearing. She even captures the terrible gossip and rumours that abound which is the real downside of country living and makes it amusing. Her books are also gentle in a tough world.
on 4 June 2011
A great way to learn about the gentler side of life during the 60's, a village in middle England, just getting on with life and all its trials and tribulations, written at the time it was taking place, it was a normal everyday life but read now, its a great insight to a slower pace of life which regrettably has gone for ever, but it makes a great read. It should be read in conjunction with other Miss Read books, you get a feel for the characters and the period.
on 2 March 2016
Another Miss Read treasure! I loved this book, actually I love all her books, tales of country life, no sex, no murders just pure pleasantness from beginning to end.
on 2 March 2015
I have read and re read all of Miss Reads books in paperback and on kindle and this is no exception to the easy reading of her books. I always enjoy the meeting up of these characters as they face the ups and downs of village life. Miss Reads observations about the countryside are so refreshing and her eye for human foibles as sharp as ever in this book. A light easy read.
on 24 June 2010
Another in the immensely soothing series of life in the fictional Cotswold village of Thrush Green. If you are fond of these books (not everyone is for they are miniatures, not dramatic, and do not aspire to great literature), you will enjoy this example.
on 31 August 2014
Another excellent book from Miss Read.
on 12 December 2015
I love all the miss read books
on 16 October 2015