Battlefield 3 and Xbox Slim 4G - No HD content!!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Oct 2011 10:31:32 BDT
M. Blakey says:
I played this game till 3am this morning and the first thing I noticed is that when you put in the disk you get asked if you would like to install the HD Content....this will take up to 1.5G of space.

PROBLEM - If you do not have a Hard-Drive then you are not able to install the Content. This is a way where they squeeze every penny out of you!!

The Reason for this is that it will be streaming the content from your hard-drive rather than the disk...also you know that the single player is on a separate disk (rather annoying)

Also if any1 has got past this by using the Xbox 360 USB Storage can you let me know if this works or will I have to go out and buy the 250G hard-drive

Posted on 28 Oct 2011 12:51:17 BDT
Geordiefly says:
Go out and buy the 250GB HDD any ways. If you play games then it is always best to install them to the HDD - Its quieter, smoother and takes less of a toll on the CD drive. In the long run it will probably be worth it! When you beat a game and won't be playing it any more you can just delete the install, which will removed the bulk but keep your saved data. For the size of demo's and arcade games these days the larger drive is a must!

Posted on 28 Oct 2011 13:16:11 BDT
M. Blakey says:
Ah right lol thanks for the info, It is a shame that they did not state this in the description of the game but hey thats my fault for being a tight @ss lol

will have to do with the state of the graphics for now until november...does this effect the single player or just the multiplayer?

Posted on 28 Oct 2011 13:28:21 BDT
Alfalfa says:
reason for the split discs to begin with, is the ppl with xboxes without harddrives.

http://www.gamefluke.com/gaming-news/battlefield-3-compared-to-standard-def-textures-on-xbox-360-when-not-installed/

Posted on 28 Oct 2011 13:34:02 BDT
M. Blakey says:
ah right, so what you are saying is that if they just brought out 1 CD and i didnt have a Hard-Drive i wouldnt be able to play the game.

If you put it that way then i suppose i can let them off

Posted on 28 Oct 2011 16:25:16 BDT
J. Bunker says:
Also very interested in whether or not the hd pack can be run from usb; I vaguely remember hearing this was no-go previously. Anyone tried?

I would, but my copy's being 'dispatched soon'

Posted on 29 Oct 2011 11:44:03 BDT
William Ford says:
I haven't tried it on a USB stick (the one I got for my 360 keeps corrupting so I've given up on it for now) but when I installed the HD pack to my HDD it did give me a prompt to select the storage device, so it should at least give you the ability to install it to a USB stick.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Nov 2011 11:42:40 GMT
Alfalfa says:
The official statement they (the developers) gave was that they are required to put out games with the option of no-install, because microsoft sells xboxes without a HD. so ppl who do not have one, can still play the game on one disc but do not get the added textures in the game. that is the way I understood it.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Nov 2011 21:03:15 GMT
markster says:
the game is big. that much so a dual layer dvd is crammed and still not enough. welcome to the limitation of dvd. having said that its still as good as the ps3 version. but with the niggle of dumping hd textures on hard drive. but its worth it. you will be amazed. especially in 1080p. you will be gobsmacked. i was.

Posted on 9 Nov 2011 11:35:17 GMT
M. Blakey says:
I have to admit after getting over it, I went out and bought a Hard-Drive and your right. The comparission is great well worth it and enhances my gameplay with surround-sound and 42" 1080i tv lol. Would of been nice of some notification that this is required but hey i'm over it now haha
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xab0bbb4c)

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  28 Oct 2011
Latest post:  9 Nov 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition (Xbox 360) by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (281)