Battlefield 3 - Ingame lag since recent update

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Nov 2011 11:21:38 GMT
Carl Jones says:
Hi all I am having problems since the update where my in game lags allot specially when I move around or zoom in on guns. Unplayable !!
I have a 560ti and the game was running lovely before update, since then not enjoying at all I have tried everything all drivers tweaks reinstalling the game and origin but no joy. If anyone has the same problem or can help please please :)

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Nov 2011 00:03:04 GMT
dan.a says:
Hi, Carl. Since the update all I get is with Mulitplayer is 'failed to connect E.A Online', or 'server was disconnected', or a black screen before crash, and many more. There was a thread on Battlelog that got to 143 pages in a matter of days full of people with the same issues, before E.A Admins shut it down. If I actually do manage to get a game it usually kicks me within 20 minutes, and that's my lot for the day.
Tbh, I'm thinking of returning the game and asking for a refund if this isn't solved within the next week or so. What I have played I like, and with a bit more polish it could be great. Which makes it all the more frustrating.
You don't mention what resolution you are playing at. My AMD 5850 manages smooth play (when I can get online) with most settings on high on a 23'' monitor @ 1080p. My card is a generation behind yours and plays at lower framerates in benchtests, so I doubt your card is the issue unless you have a particularly high-res monitor.
All I can recommend for you to try is the usual: Nvidia driver updates, DirectX updates, try lower graphics settings (in particular the A.A) and hope E.A patches the patch...

Posted on 25 Nov 2011 00:18:17 GMT
Last edited by the author on 25 Nov 2011 00:19:54 GMT
dan.a says:
Update: Had a Google and stumbled across this site. They go through half a dozen possible fixes to various BF3 issues. Some of the forum posts at the bottom seem pretty useful too. Obviously, these fixes will be at your own risk. Might try a few myself as some problems seem to be related to Windows 7 64bit which I'm running.
Link: http://crashfixes.com/battlefield-3-bf3-pc-crash-fix-and-fixes-to-freezes-errors-stuttering-poor-fps-lagging-mouse-bugs-ctd-launch-crash-origins-crash/

Posted on 25 Nov 2011 07:06:07 GMT
Carl Jones says:
Running on max settings before update was getting 60fps :) but i will try that site dan cheers. I have managed to find out for myself by turning origin ingame off that I have solved the problem but will still try and
use that site to tweak the game to get it to run better again.

Posted on 25 Nov 2011 17:52:48 GMT
Darren says:
Since the Origin update 2 weeks ago, not the recent game update, Origin will not start BF3 at all! Apparently its a known issue with Origin but its been 2 weeks! Seriously considering getting my money back.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  24 Nov 2011
Latest post:  25 Nov 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition (PC DVD)
Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition (PC DVD) by Electronic Arts (Windows 7 / Vista)
2.6 out of 5 stars   (470)