I am in a good position to compare the ultimate edition to the origional as I own both. I got the origional on PC for £15 months ago, then with my new job (yey) I can afford a PS3, so I got this for £30 (yeah, PC games are half the price of PS3 games >_< ) so I could play with my brother as he has a PS3
First off, the game itself is brilliant, hence why I got two coppies, there are plenty of reviews out there explaining why. The single player is a bit of a second thought really, the game reminds me of a modern day counter-strike (which didnt even have single player), its of that quality (and sometimes frustration), plus playing with friends is very rewarding.
Now about the Ultimate edition, I have to say I am a little dissapointed, heres why;
1) Not all the downloadable updates are there, SPECACT kits arn't included, and there is no reason why, there were giving them away free with Dr Pepper a while ago (in US) - why not include them in a costly ultimate edition, its costs them nothing!
2) The "unique weapon upgrades" you get with this game are not unique at all - ALL players get them, just you get them at the start, no new weapons (not even SPECACT weapons, see above)
3) The Onslaught mode is fun enough, but I soon found myself playing the main game, its not worth much more than £5 (which, i see is what I paid)
4) After playing through and getting all the weapons I am a bit annoyed at having to do it again (though this wont apply to most people buying this)
However there are some good points:
1) You are automatically a Veteran, giving you access to one of my favourate guns - the WW2 rifle, however, you can get this for free by downloading the free EA game battlefield heroes. So its not that good.
2) You get BF1943, (go read some reviews on it) considering the price (was) only £5 more than normal BFBC2, your getting a deal.
In reagard to PC versus PS3 my PC version is slightly better graphics, mostly when it comes to distances, when the camera moves long distances on PS3 it takes a while for everything to pop up (but this is only when someone kills you as a sniper and you get kill cam) It can be seen through scopes too, everything "poping" into place when you zoom in. But other than that it is very good, and they are very close. The UI is a little awkward, it took me ages to work out how to change squad so I could join my brother.
Vertict: Personally I am dissapointed, How hard is it for them to make a few new weapon models or player textures? Its worth buying if it doesn't cost much more than the normal game, Any more than £5 and buy the origional - there is VERY little difference.
Origional 5 stars, this 3 stars for general dishonesty and lazy greed!