on 30 May 2013
Great product. I spent a lot on my 600D, so I was worried at a buying a non cannon product. However I was pleased with this purchase and used it on holiday and never needed to charge the batteries.
on 5 September 2012
THIS PRODUCT IS SUCH AN AWESOME PRODUCT WHICH GOT ALL THE FUNCTION LIKE THE OEM VERSION !!if u Want some added convenience when traveling? OR Need to get through an extra long shoot but do not want to buy the extra batteries required for it? Add this Battery grip to power your 550d/600d with 2 extra LP-E8 OR 6 AA batteries and also you can save some £££.The additional battery life in your camera could be the difference between getting all the shots and just most of the shots...quite an important issue if you shoot wedding photography, or wildlife photography or even night photography which needs more battery power etc.

If you haven't tried your camera with a grip, give it a go or better still just buy one, you won't be disappointed.I personally recommend this to everyone who loves photography.

This is a nice accessory for 550d or 600d owners to have.
on 4 April 2013
This grip is fast becoming one of my favourite bits of camera kit....makes taking handheld shots in portrait mode much easier.Quicker battery changeover on longer shoots; particularly with camera on tripod. Use of 6 AA Batteries in conjunction with provided adapter could well be a lifesaver particularly in remote places. The rubberised grip is excellent and makes dropping the camera much less likely; controls are all positive including the on/ off switch....aesthetic appearance and fit to the 600d are excellent....well worth the small weight gain for the improved functionality/ battery life. After being initially dubious about this item... I have been won over and would fully recommend. Excellent value.
on 7 January 2015
The Neewer Battery grip for the 700D is a good product for price.
personally i think spending your money a bit more wisely would be either spend a little more or see one in real life.

To break it down to it's simplest form i am going to break down my reasons why i gave it a middle rating

The build quality is cheap but it will last as long as it is not abused

The colour matching of the plastics is terrible it is like seeing a car with a different shade panel on it it is where your eyes are drown so it stands out and make it look bad

The buttons are so cheap it is like pushing marshmallows- This makes using the shutter button unusable.

The grip material applied to the bottom of the grip is very weak and degrades quickly over time.

The tripod mount on the bottom of this camera is surprising as it has held up to abuse over the 6 months or so i have owned it

it feel some what solid when attached to the camera but has a lot of give.

My final verdict is you get what you pay for.
in this case you get a battery add on pack that doesn't match your camera.
with a strong connection to the camera
the other functions are useless

only buy this if you want the extra battery power.
on 9 May 2013
Having 2 batteries in your camera means you are not going to run out of battery in one day.
The buttons on the grip are all nice and and work perfectly although the on/off switch can sometimes be easy to catch and turn the buttons off unknowingly.
Visually it looks like it belongs on the camera, it does not look or feel cheap.
Very satisfied :)
on 5 January 2015
Having recently bought a new EOS 700D (as a Christmas present to myself), and knowing I would be doing some fairly intense promotional work with it, I did some due diligence before buying a battery grip. There are a few about, but I shied away from a) Canon's own (way overpriced) and b) theLCD models (more stuff to go wrong).

I settled on Neweer's model based largely on existing positive reviews. And I have to say, they're well-founded.

Unpacking the grip from Neweer's fetchingly orange box, I was somewhat concerned at its light weight. But I bought the unit along with a pair of 2500mAh batteries since Canon only provides a rather wimpy 1120mAh with the camera. Once these were charged and snapped in, the unit felt much more solid and business-like. I haven't yet charged up a half-dozen AA's to form a backup unit with the included adapter, but I dare say that will add even more manly heft to it.

The instructions for use are typical for a product at this price - a broadsheet of multiple languages and, at first glance, a plethora of confusing diagrams. However, the English section is written pretty well - it's clear and concise, and even explains (albeit briefly) how to detach the EOS' battery cover before attaching the grip. And the diagrams make sense when you progress through them carefully.

Once I'd attached this grip, I held the whole assembly at arm's length and took a good look. The Neweer's finish is different from the 700D, but not in a bad way. While the EOS body is a matt black, the Neweer unit has a muted shine. The camera's grip areas are rough and hard, while the battery grip's are smoother but more rubbery. In good light, the difference is there. But the unit doesn't look particularly cheap on the camera. There's a telltale seam on one side, which no doubt Canon's version doesn't have. But for 80 quid less, I'm easy. Besides, that one deficit is muted by the care Neweer have taken to ensure their unit moulds perfectly into the camera's contours. It's clearly been designed very well, if produced on a budget.

What Neweer has also done is perfectly replicate Canon's font and colours for the feature buttons they've included - which can be easily enabled/disabled, ready for when you want to go 90 degrees and take a vertical shot. The crucial shutter button feels exactly like the camera's. The main dial on the battery grip actually iterates a bit more smoothly and quietly than the camera's own. The other buttons are more recessed in comparison, but reply with a definite 'click' when you press them.

Performance-wise, I can't fault this unit. I spent three hours at a play rehearsal yesterday, took some 150 shots and the EOS still tells me I have pretty much a full charge. I know that's down to the batteries, but the ease with which I could switch from landscape to portrait and basically just play about with what felt like a really great balanced piece of gear.. well, as you can tell. I like it.

Full marks to Neweer.
on 8 January 2014
I am guessing that the first batch of people who received these got them compatible with the 600D, I too have ordered recently and it is impossible to fit to the 600D and no remote - looks like some people got a good neewer product then somehow it was changed (mine came in an Orange box with neewer) however that must not be the same as the earlier product people are raving about - as its fulfilled by amazon can only refund. Something isn't right we've been ordering B004UTQRHW perhaps need to order B00FPEHOF0?? Happy Sales UK explain yourself please. I am ordering the B00FPEHOF0 version to see if its any better, otherwise I will have to return AGAIN! jeez if it says 600D
on 6 May 2013
Great grip at a great price, saves a fortune on the original, worth every penny and it works well. Why more do you need.
on 10 June 2013
Very good grip for the price, can't really see any difference with the Canon version, the buttons are responsive, handy switch on/off, greatly improve handling for portraits and allow for 2 batteries
on 25 February 2013
Arrived quickly. Build quality and materials identical to my Canon 600D. Gives option of using AA batteries though have bought 2 high amp batteries from Amazon for under a tenner,so it's savings all round! The grip gives the camera better balance and weight at a fifth of the price of the Canon version. Controls positive and control of the camera is reliable and instant. There is also a remote control, not mentioned in the description but a nice surprise all this for under £25 a must buy if you want a battery grip, high quality there really is no need to pay anymore.
8th May I have still got the batteries in it I was using when I wrote the above, product is quite brilliant and would give another 5 stars!