Customer Discussions > Batman: Arkham Origins (PC DVD) forum

Batman: Arkham Origins (PC DVD) now working

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Nov 2013 20:11:08 GMT
George says:
For those of you who bought Batman: Arkham Origins (PC DVD) through retail, the product key can now be activated through Steam.
Those who gave the 1 star reviews because of the Steam issue, the overall star rating on Amazon will reflect on the game, not Steam.
So you lot have ruined the games rating, based on Steams incompetence, not if the games any good or not.

Posted on 10 Nov 2013 02:37:15 GMT
A. Gallagher says:
I concur. Can those people who have given the game a single star please edit their review to reflect the game quality and not the WB/Steam incompetency's.

Let's see what this game is actually like

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Nov 2013 10:23:50 GMT
Swagman says:
The ratings is NOT simply for the game but THE WHOLE PRODUCT. If the PRODUCTs' use is linked to Steam and the PRODUCTS' code does not allow the game to run then a ONE STAR is warranted. The PC version of this game is what people are rating and it didn't work. The one stars should stand. Yes it will downgrade the rating of the PC VERSION PRODUCT but so it should. It will remind all of this fiasco and serve notice to companies to get it right in the future.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Nov 2013 11:58:59 GMT
George says:
No offense but this sounds like a spoilt brat who didn't get what they wanted at a toy shop and now throwing a big tantrum lol.

Again, the fault was with STEAM, not the game Batman: Arkham Origins (PC DVD). The game is innocent!
The Steam glitch lasted only 1 day and its fine now.

All 1 star givers have ruined the games rating on Amazon for everyone because of impatience and pettiness.

Posted on 11 Nov 2013 02:14:06 GMT
A. Gallagher says:
Look, the point of the product user rating system is to rate the quality of the game, not to comment on the problems with the Steam activation and WB game glitch. I was one of the first who acted on this, contacting WB and Steam, wading through the BS and actually hoping for a solution.

If you want to rant about the activation issues, go to the Steam forum. In fact I bet we have conversed on that forum. However, this game rating system is about the game, not the crappy way we were treated or the apparent disregard of our complaints to steam or WB.

I am on the front line of fighting for PC gamer status: I hate the fact that of all the platforms, we are the best educated (computationally speaking), the best informed and the best funded (a top end self built PC costs), however, this review system is not the place to expel that fury. If you like, I can point you in the right direction. Don't get me wrong, I understand what you are saying. This is simply not the platform to do it.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Dec 2013 02:09:16 GMT
Last edited by the author on 25 Dec 2013 02:16:27 GMT
Mr. A. Atkin says:
I don't think so, people have a right to be annoyed, the game might of been a present for someone looking forward to the game but only in the end they get disappointment.
I can see where people are coming from giving this game a 1 star, they didn't get the game they were after, it should be working from day 1 but it wasn't, they couldn't get it activated so they had it returned to get their money back.

The reviews on this site are not just for the game. The reviews are also for the game edition (DVD retail) and the service that is brought with the game. The service here is brought to you by the publisher/developer and here it is the publishers fault that this has happened.

So no I don't think it is 'petty'. Try being more understanding and not condescending.

Posted on 25 Dec 2013 19:15:29 GMT
Last edited by the author on 25 Dec 2013 19:19:15 GMT
George says:
So Mr Atkin in your opinion the game should have a permanent 1 star rating, due to a problem that was rectified in under 24 hours, and you also think it doesnt matter whether the game is brilliant or not, it only deserves 1 star and that's that.

Petty much?

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Dec 2013 13:45:30 GMT
Mr. A. Atkin says:
It wasn't rectified under 24 hours, it took 2 days. It probably ruined some peoples weekends because it wasn't working. After contacting Amazon they were probably told to wait until Monday for a new copy or to have a refund if the customer so wished it.

People are not just reviewing the game here. The game might of been brilliant, the service just didn't match up though.

So yes that is my opinion and you have yours. Lets agree to disagree. It's not as though complaining would of done much anyway.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  9 Nov 2013
Latest post:  26 Dec 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Batman: Arkham Origins (PC DVD)
Batman: Arkham Origins (PC DVD) by Warner Bros. Interactive (Windows 7)
2.4 out of 5 stars   (52)