The Dark Knight returns in the first game to do him justice in his more than 20 year history in video games. Not based on any specific comic book or movie it takes all the best ideas and visuals from all of Batman's many incarnations to create a unique spin on one of pop culture's greatest icons.
Arkham Asylum becomes the backdrop for Batman's most dangerous challenge
| Killer Croc has never looked more imposing or been more dangerous |
| Batman must discover the deadly secrets behind The Joker's masterplan |
| Stalk the minor criminals like prey and strike from the dark when they least expect it |
The entire game takes place within Arkham Asylum, where The Joker and his allies have overtaken the facility and set a trap for Batman. This is no simplistic beat 'em-up though, with Batman forced to prove his status as the world's greatest detective with a number of complex forensic-style puzzles.
When it does come to combat though you must still use your cunning as much as your fists, as you stalk unaware enemies and distract them with the bodies or screams of their cronies. With believable physics, superb graphics and a serious adult tone this is more than just another superhero tie-in. Key Features
About the Developer: Rocksteady Studios
- Rogue's gallery: Battle all of Batman's greatest foes, including The Joker, Harley Quinn, Killer Croc.
- Final Knight: Gain experience from fights and puzzles to improve and add to Batman's abilities via a role-playing game style skill tree that lets you customise the Dark Knight as you see fit.
- Dynamic duo: Target the most dangerous foes from the shadows with a special takedown move and then move in to stun or attack opponents with the game's intuitive combo system.
- Detective comics: Batman must use his brain as well as his brawn, with CSI-style puzzles solved by an array of bat-gadgets including a multi-use interactive visor.
- Animated avenger: An original story written by comic book and Batman: The Animated Series legend Paul Dini -- plus Kevin Conroy as the voice of Batman and Mark Hamill as The Joker.
Only found founded in 2004, this London based developer's first game was the well received first person shoot 'em-up Urban Chaos: Riot Response
for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox. Their first game for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 (and PC) is comic book license Batman: Arkham Asylum