The Dark Knight returns in the first game to do him justice in his more than 20 year history in video games. Not based on any specific comic book or movie it takes all the best ideas and visuals from all of Batman's many incarnations to create a unique spin on one of pop culture's greatest icons.
Arkham Asylum becomes the backdrop for Batman's most dangerous challenge
| Killer Croc has never looked more imposing or been more dangerous |
| Batman must discover the deadly secrets behind The Joker's masterplan |
| Stalk the minor criminals like prey and strike from the dark when they least expect it |
The entire game takes place within Arkham Asylum, where The Joker and his allies have overtaken the facility and set a trap for Batman. This is no simplistic beat 'em-up though, with Batman forced to prove his status as the world's greatest detective with a number of complex forensic-style puzzles.
When it does come to combat though you must still use your cunning as much as your fists, as you stalk unaware enemies and distract them with the bodies or screams of their cronies. With believable physics, superb graphics and a serious adult tone this is more than just another superhero tie-in. Key Features
About the Developer: Rocksteady Studios
- Rogue's gallery: Battle all of Batman's greatest foes, including The Joker, Harley Quinn, Killer Croc.
- Final Knight: Gain experience from fights and puzzles to improve and add to Batman's abilities via a role-playing game style skill tree that lets you customise the Dark Knight as you see fit.
- Dynamic duo: Target the most dangerous foes from the shadows with a special takedown move and then move in to stun or attack opponents with the game's intuitive combo system.
- Detective comics: Batman must use his brain as well as his brawn, with CSI-style puzzles solved by an array of bat-gadgets including a multi-use interactive visor.
- Animated avenger: An original story written by comic book and Batman: The Animated Series legend Paul Dini -- plus Kevin Conroy as the voice of Batman and Mark Hamill as The Joker.
Only found founded in 2004, this London based developer's first game was the well received first person shoot 'em-up Urban Chaos: Riot Response
for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox. Their first game for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 (and PC) is comic book license Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham Asylum exposes players to a unique, dark and atmospheric adventure that takes them to the depths of Arkham Asylum - Gotham's psychiatric hospital for the criminally insane. Gamers will move in the shadows, instigate fear amongst their enemies and confront The Joker and Gotham City's most notorious villains who have taken over the asylum. Using a wide range of Batman's gadgets and abilities, players will become the invisible predator and attempt to foil The Joker's demented scheme.
- Utilise the unique FreeFlow combat system to chain together unlimited combos seamlessly and battle with huge groups of The Joker's henchmen in brutal melee brawls.
- Investigate as Batman, the world's greatest detective, by solving intricate puzzles with the help of cutting edge forensic tools including x-ray scanning, fingerprint scans, 'Amido Black' spray and a pheromone tracker.
- Face off against Gotham's greatest villains including The Joker, Harley Quinn, Victor Zsasz and Killer Croc.
- Become the Invisible Predator with Batman's fear takedowns and unique vantage point system to move without being seen and hunt enemies.
- Choose multiple takedown methods, including swooping from the sky and smashing through walls, and use the predator camera get a closer look at the action.
- Explore every inch of Arkham Asylum and roam freely on the infamous island, presented for the first time ever in its gritty and realistic entirety.
- Experience what it's like to be Batman using batarangs, explosive gel aerosol, The Batclaw, sonar resonator and the line launcher
- Unlock more secrets by completing hidden challenges in the world and develop and customise equipment by earning experience points.
- Enjoy complete superhero freedom in the environment with the