on 22 October 2013
There are not many books that I have failed to finish from sheer boredom, but this is one of them. The premise for bastial energy is simple enough, some humans have the ability to wield something called bastial energy which they can use to become a Warrior, a Mage, an Alchemist or a Psychic (like a computer game). Unfortunately much of the core fantasy elements are never explored - the magic system "bastial energy" is never fully explained, the characters have it and use it and that's where it ends; the world building is none existent and the plot flips between different characters but nothing really gets done. It is very slow. Maybe the story picks up towards the end but I for one had no intention of finding out.
on 1 October 2014
I am an avid fantasy reader and after rading this book, I bought all the ones to follow with out second gueesing my self.

From the start I was hooked with the character development and the way he described emotions between each one.

The differences of magic in this series also was refreshing for me as it gave a different version of magic ratger than some other standard types from other fantasy novels.

Currently reading the next chapters and awaiting the next book

Highley recommend fpr fantasy enthusiasts
on 20 July 2013
This book will not suprise the reader but is a nice relaxing read for a summers day.

Give it a try.
on 19 February 2015
This book is brilliant. There were times when I couldn't put it down and when I wasn't reading it I was thinking about it. I really enjoyed the different characters. I did feel that the bestial energy and sartious energy could have been explained better. Once you accept that it is simply drawing energy from the surroundings then you can focus on the story which is awesome.
on 11 October 2013
makes my day readind ,it,srelaxing and also gripping at the same time im well into this series thanks a bunch just a little side someone needs to checkthe text now and then but apart from that absolutely smashing stories thanks ted ayling
Book arrived quickly.