on 24 November 2013
Received a spot of bad news earlier, felt angry, hurt, and partly devastated. Instead of doing something i was tempted to do but knew i shouldn't, i read this short 9 pages, taking up no time at all. And i feel as though a weight has been lifted and like sleeping isn't going to be such a difficult task now. Anger is one of the strongest emotions, but it's a wasted one.
on 26 February 2014
A short,well written, eminently readable guide to happiness. A great wee book to have handy when life gets you wown.
on 7 July 2014
So very true and so nicely condensed. A unique insight into the world of creating a loving and supporting universal community.
on 28 December 2014
A good short reminder of how to live. Compassion is the key and sometimes we need to remember to use compassion in our lives on a daily basis. I feel that this book has helped me to see how my thinking needs to change for the sake of my happiness.
on 17 August 2014
A wonderful and powerful message for all. I realised immediately where I've been gone wrong for the last 5 years after reading. Allowing anger to consume my path. These simple but powerful words have woken me up. Thank you.
on 4 November 2014
I love the message. Unfortunately it's so short it's not worth the money. I noticed from previous reviews it was free and should've remained so. The message can also be found in other books by the Dalai Lama.
on 2 August 2014
Anything written by the Dalai Lama gets immediately to the heart of things in the simplest way, but then the simplest things are the most profound. Read and learn.
on 3 April 2014
A quick read but thought provoking none the less. I found the book easy to read. You could easily put the ideas into practice.
on 6 May 2014
I have had the privilege of being in the presence of the Dalai Lama. He radiates love and joy. So does his book. I highly recommend reading this.
on 10 June 2014
I love the simplicity and humility of this book. It is unpretentious yet so profound and meaningful. It should be shared in school assemblies.